Footway or pedestrian zone in front of Kings Cross Stn?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mishery

Footway or pedestrian zone in front of Kings Cross Stn?

Post by Mishery »

Does anyone know whether the square in front of Kings Cross station would be considered a footway (illegal to cycle) or a pedestrianized zone (legal to cycle)? Currently I treat it as a footway and push my bike but when it is quiet it would be handy to be able cycle (slowly, cautiously) to and from the station building. Thanks.
mjr

Re: Footway or pedestrian zone in fron of Kings Cross Stn?

Post by mjr »

I understand that the area inside the big silver bollards is private land and regarded as part of the station, so I suspect cycling is not allowed, as in the rest of the station.

If you want to get on the bike as soon as possible, head left from the platform 0-8 barriers to reach York Way (not great if you want to head south/west, as you'll probably want to use half of the pedestrian crossing towards Bikenhead Street), or right from from any platform to reach Pancras Road ASAP, which is good for all directions. I think there's not much point heading forwards across the zone if you're going to ride the bike as it only puts you on the westbound end of Euston Road, same as heading left would.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.