Cl***son - it couldn't get worse!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
661-Pete

Cl***son - it couldn't get worse!

Post by 661-Pete »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/ ... grand-tour
It appears now that the great kerfuffle involving this .... person .... and an airport worker in Stuttgart, was largely a fabrication.
And the innocent airport worker is suffering in consequence, being hounded by the gutter press: after merely 'doing his job'.
Can anyone still have the temerity to leap to the defence of this .... creature?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
PDQ Mobile

Re: Cl***son - it couldn't get worse!

Post by PDQ Mobile »

I have to say "I thought as much".
A publicity stunt to advertise the new program was my guess.
And yes some poor worker gets it in the neck.

I think they pretty much have total contempt for "ordinary folks". They view them as something to be exploited, nothing more.
True super stars; pass the paper bag please.

The old adage: "there's no such thing as bad publicity" seems so often to be true.

As a passenger who has waited for "no shows" bags to be found and then removed from the hold, I was really glad they couldn't board.
Queuing with the riff-raff clearly too odious.
I'm suprised they didn't drive. :roll:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The words track record spring readily to mind,this excuse for a person is a creep willing to promote his career at anyone's expense.
Why am I not surprised :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

if its true Clarkson should be banned from the airport - see how he likes that when he cant get around.

maybe set up a petition?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Seems the entire thing was a fabrication, presumably to publicise the man whose new Top Gear has just been released (on Amazon ?).

And the individual Clarkson decided should suffer so Clarkson could get all the publicity is not even Argentinian. And it was all Clarkson's fault as they ignored several reminder announcements and had their luggage taken off the plane after which they wont let that person board (standard procedure).

Worst bit is how Clarkson's innocent target is now suffering, and Clarkson wont even "come clean" and admit what he has done.

And Amazon are the company who seem to think all this is acceptable behaviour (for publicity for their programs and for their own profits). It has made me start to look around for alternatives to Amazon - as doing business with such a company is now leaving a bad taste ...

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I don't recall ever having taken a flight from Stuttgart, but I do remember, some years ago, boarding a flight at Düsseldorf. And the security there and then was extremely tight! I was warned to allow plenty of extra time.

But on the other hand:

There are so many pressing reminders to get to the gate on time, broadcast on the tannoy, often naming the missing passenger(s). I don't understand how anyone can miss a flight after checking in. Unless they're indulging in excess of liquid refreshment, I suppose. In which case they shouldn't be allowed on board anyway....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

661-Pete wrote:...
There are so many pressing reminders to get to the gate on time, broadcast on the tannoy, often naming the missing passenger(s). I don't understand how anyone can miss a flight after checking in....

Or unless trying to create an incident to get much needed publicity in all the Press at the same time as your new TV program is starting! And innocent people doing their job just become "collateral damage".

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:Or unless trying to create an incident to get much needed publicity in all the Press at the same time as your new TV program is starting!

That's the whole point,cause as much trouble as it takes to get the publicity.Because any publicity is good publicity,right?
The man's an A1 grade git :twisted:

And innocent people doing their job just become "collateral damage".
Ian

In Clarkson world the 'little people' don't mean a thing,they're just 'items' to be used for his own end :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden