Navigation App

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
AaronR

Navigation App

Post by AaronR »

Hi,

I'v tried the search function, and it comes up with loads of half results - can anyone recommend a navigation app that will do point by point navigation from uploaded GPX files primarily

If it is capable of calculating a route on its own even better, but most important is being able to upload information to it and just follow route on screen

thanks!
al_yrpal

Re: Navigation App

Post by al_yrpal »

Osmand +. Was using it extensively in France last week, walking and cycling. Its absolutely brilliant and accepts .gpx tracks created by other software. If you deviate from an imported track it recalculates to get you back on it. The voice directions are very good too. I mount my Android Smartphone on my stem and run it from there.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
professorcrusty

Re: Navigation App

Post by professorcrusty »

I have been using Viewranger for a year now. It's great, plan on the laptop and follow on the app. Took me Caen to San Sebastien last year with no problems. You can plot the route or leave it to the programme to get a trans city or town route. It warns if you are off the route but otherwise lets you get on with riding.