Germany Camping Maps

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
JamieMM

Germany Camping Maps

Post by JamieMM »

Evening all,

I'm cycling from the UK to Prague, across the Netherlands and northern Germany and wondered whether anyone can recommend a good map of campsites across Germany. Ideally, I'm looking to avoid using an app or anything like that and would much prefer a proper map to refer to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
bohrsatom

Re: Germany Camping Maps

Post by bohrsatom »

I'm on the road (currently in Germany as it happens) so can't provide links, but search for Archies Europe. It is a great directory of campsites across all of the EU. I've relied on it for around 5 months of cycle camping in total and only had a couple of problems with incorrect data.

It's all smartphone/GPS based but you could download it to your computer, view on a digital map then transpose it yourself onto paper?
andymiller

Post by andymiller »

Try the ACSI website eurocampings.co.uk and then mark up a map with a bsllpoint pen. And/or use Google Maps (plus the pen).
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

andymiller wrote:Try the ACSI website eurocampings.co.uk and then mark up a map with a bsllpoint pen. And/or use Google Maps (plus the pen).

+1
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
andymiller

Post by andymiller »

A ballpoint pen is even better ...
JamieMM

Post by JamieMM »

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll keep it simple and mark it on a map.
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

bohrsatom wrote:I'm on the road (currently in Germany as it happens) so can't provide links, but search for Archies Europe. It is a great directory of campsites across all of the EU. I've relied on it for around 5 months of cycle camping in total and only had a couple of problems with incorrect data.

It's all smartphone/GPS based but you could download it to your computer, view on a digital map then transpose it yourself onto paper?

If it helps, Archie very kindly gave me permission to include his campsite data in cycle.travel so you can get it directly on a map: on the controls to the left, you need to set the 'hotel' menu to 'camping', then click 'find'.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
trilathon

Post by trilathon »

I must be out of step...I rarely have a problem finding a site at a convenient time and location and almost rarely have anything other than a ridiculous scale map generally devoid of sites and a eye on where the sun lies

Leaflets form tourist info, talking to strangers etc always sees me ok
Searching for, and camping in, places of antiquity and wild beauty. Former ironman, 3PCX, Rough Stuff Fellowship, fell runner, regional time trial champion and 20 odd years of cyclo camping around Europe.
ossie

Post by ossie »

I'm firmly in the Archies camp although I appreciate the OP said they didnt want an app...Archies camping is download onto my ancient Etrex and I simply aim for a large A on the screen.....it has rarely let me down.