Nexus 7 screen problem and cheapo tablet recommendation

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Sweep

Re: Nexus 7 screen problem and cheapo tablet recommendation

Post by Sweep »

psmiffy wrote:
Sweep wrote:Well yes, but my samsung tab isn't supposed to be used while it is charging so that is a probblem. I don't know why samsung says that, but they do.

I think the answer is not to read the manual :) - in the interests of science i've just read the pertinent section of the manual for my Tab10- "after the first charge you can use the device while charging"

Thanks for that smiffy, though the position of the charge input cable still makes mine tricky to use. Risks possible damage if you try to use it while charging. Will experiment. Also of course, on the road, if you didn't have an extension cable (a lot of bulk) using while charging might present other problems.
Sweep
Haydn

Post by Haydn »

Just had my Nexus 7 repaired for £35 at techrepairsuk.co.uk, excellent postage arrangements and quick turnaround in the UK.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

You can get replacement batteries for practically everything. They probably wont have the capacity of the originals. To disassemble and fit them YouTube is your friend.. https://youtu.be/3x_qqQL3QHM

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Haydn wrote:Just had my Nexus 7 repaired for £35 at techrepairsuk.co.uk, excellent postage arrangements and quick turnaround in the UK.

What was wrong with it, Haydn?

Also can you check your link, did you mean techrepaired in Huddersfield?

I'm beginning to think that a new screen may be the best solution.
Haydn

Post by Haydn »

I thought it was the power button or the screen as sometimes it would switch on but most of the time the screen was off but I felt it was powered up. Sent it for £10 diagnostic and they found a faulty screen connection that they repaired. Total cost was £34.95 diagnosis, repair and postage. Look at the site:

www.techrepairsuk.co.uk

Costs for common repairs are listed , their workshop is situated in Lancashire but if you ring the telephone number you contact their office in Edinburgh.

Haydn
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Cheers Haydn, thanks for that. I've had a look at the website. May contact them when I get back to the UK.