Ice Trice QNT looking for a new home.

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
BlackPanther

Ice Trice QNT looking for a new home.

Post by BlackPanther »

Before I put her on eBay, just seeing if anyone's after a Trice QNT. She's in pretty good condition, and has performed exceptionally for the couple of years I've owned her. In mint condition when I acquired her with around 1,000 miles, I've put on around another 2,500-3,000 miles. Would've been more, but I bought a Raptobike, and she became my main commuter. Around 1,000 miles ago, I had to replace the cruciform which we think failed because of the rear section being too far out? Anyway, new cruciform, bearings, steering bolts, brake and gear cables, and rear Capreo cassette, all done sub 1,000 miles.

Extras include, head rest, mudguards all round, bar end shifters, home made wheel covers, and home made twin flag holder/rear light spacing tubing. I also have the weighty original rack which I'll include. I always used the seat panniers, far lighter, but they now sit in the Borealis. As you can see from the pics, she's in a fair condition, not mint (although the cruciform is) but no damage, and everything works as it should.There are a couple of small holes in the seat mesh, which haven't got any bigger since I first got her.

Reason for selling? I use the Borealis for work, and want to sell the Trice and buy a fast 2 wheel 'bent, such as a Bachetta Corsa......would consider swapsies. Looking for around £1,100, though they often go for more on eBay.

Some pics below, any questions, or more detailed pics required, give me a shout. Cheers, Carl.

The photobucket images don't work !!!
Tilley

Re: Ice Trice QNT looking for a new home.

Post by Tilley »

Hi Carl,
Sorry I'm not looking to buy, but curious about the wheel discs fitted to the Trice. Did you make them, if so what did you use. I have been thinking that they would be a good idea and considered using the type of corrugated plastic sheeting used for estate agent sale boards. just not too sure if it will be flexible enough or cut cleanly.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

Tilley wrote:Hi Carl,
Sorry I'm not looking to buy, but curious about the wheel discs fitted to the Trice. Did you make them, if so what did you use. I have been thinking that they would be a good idea and considered using the type of corrugated plastic sheeting used for estate agent sale boards. just not too sure if it will be flexible enough or cut cleanly.

Yes, I used Correx, 4mm I think. Hardest part is getting a clean fit as you have to cut from centre to edge and pull together to get the come shape. If I did it again, I wouldn't tie wrap them on, but just use velcro.

Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Thanks for that. If I decide to give it a try, I'll post the result.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

She now has a new home. And I have a Metabike!