Mounting a b&m front dynolight Hp velo

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
NUKe

Mounting a b&m front dynolight Hp velo

Post by NUKe »

Anyone mounted a front b&m dynolight on hp velotechnik machine.my grasshopper has amounting screw beneath the bb. But it looks too far back for the standard bracket on a b&m light. How do you do it or do I need anew bracket? . Tried searching the internet but nothing conclusive. I might buy anew light anyway! But was hoping to start with my cyo from my Audax bike.
Thanks in advance
NUKe

Re: Mounting a b&m front dynolight Hp velo

Post by belgiangoth »

My speedmachine has a Topeak bar extender, on which the light is mounted. I'll have a look to see if I can get any more details.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

TO answer my own question,

I used the front derailleur post which had a couple of bottle mounts adding a washer to the bottom one I was able to use the standard mount normal for affixing to the brake bolt.
NUKe

Post by [XAP]Bob »

NUKe wrote:TO answer my own question,

I used the front derailleur post which had a couple of bottle mounts adding a washer to the bottom one I was able to use the standard mount normal for affixing to the brake bolt.

I have this on my trike, the Rapto has the mounting hole low and further back than I thought, but it works
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

There was a light mounting bolt just behind the bb. but I couldn't get the Cyo to fit that would have been the neatest solution . I might still go this way when I replace the light, As the current one is borrowed from my Audax bike.
NUKe

Post by pjclinch »

Back in the day the HPVels came with the then state-of-the-art Lumotec Oval Plus, which in turn came with a fairly long piece of pressed cheese which was fine on the under-BB point noted. Until, being cheese, it cracked from fatigue. BuM made much better plastic ones available (look at http://en.bumm.de/products/more/head-light-brackets.html and scroll down to Part N° 471LH) and these work pretty well there.

I long ago replaced my halogen Oval Senso Plus with the (now fairly primitive) LED version, but the mount isn't too dissimilar to the IQ Fly I have on the Moulton so I think that bracket may work with more recent BuM lamps. If you're happy with it on the derailleur post than nae bother, but the under-BB mount does look a bit neater. I've got a Panzerfiets (or "Streetmachine GT" as they call it), but I think same would probably apply for the Grasshopper.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Thanks Pete, that is what I am looking for.
NUKe