Form an orderly queue to back stab Bradley Wiggins.

landsurfer

Form an orderly queue to back stab Bradley Wiggins.

Post by landsurfer »

The "English Way" shows again. Build up someone as a hero then stab them as hard as possible.
BW has committed no offence, broken no rule or law, but is being circled by the press and in forums for if's and maybe's.
The real cheats and dopers are coming out of the woodwork to push their blades in his back as well.
Millar, the drug user who has turned crime into a clothing range, on tv punditry and schoolboy haircuts couldn't wait to decry Wiggins.
Conveniently forgetting the EPO etc. That wasn't an TUE was it Dave......
I think the Marr show was a mistake and was just adding to the issue.
Wiggins, Trott etc have committed no offence.
The real dopers out there must be so relieved the focus has moved off them to the innocent.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Paulatic

Re: Form an orderly queue to back stab Bradley Wiggins.

Post by Paulatic »

landsurfer wrote:The "English Way" shows again. Build up someone as a hero then stab them as hard as possible.
BW has committed no offence, broken no rule or law, but is being circled by the press and in forums for if's and maybe's.
The real cheats and dopers are coming out of the woodwork to push their blades in his back as well.
Millar, the drug user who has turned crime into a clothing range, on tv punditry and schoolboy haircuts couldn't wait to decry Wiggins.
Conveniently forgetting the EPO etc. That wasn't an TUE was it Dave......
I think the Marr show was a mistake and was just adding to the issue.
Wiggins, Trott etc have committed no offence.
The real dopers out there must be so relieved the focus has moved off them to the innocent.

Pleased to see the rest of Britain not included :D
True BW appears to have not broken any rules. The problem is what he has done doesn't sit with what he has said in the past. If you are comfortable with people saying one thing and doing another then that is your prerogative.
True DM has been a drug cheat. He appears to no longer hide the fact and appears honest enough to impart knowledge he has gained concerning using banned substances. If you wish to dismiss the views of someone with experience, because of the way he dresses, then that is your prerogative too.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

It must be awful to live with a lie. Stressful+++ Who knows whether BW is stretching truth or bending rules and regs: only himself. You have to fight to get to the top,then fight to stay there. Always looking over your shoulder. Not for me the podium: it's only cycling! Better to enjoy the day. Have a race,fine. But all the other stuff...for what? On close inspection and viewed from a rear view mirror...it doesn't really count for much. Make friends,be modest.

I think I'm happy to live in some shadow.
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

Just watched the interview on catchup: oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Not very convincing. One bad performance,right or wrong. Body language,verbal explanation...the lot
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

To be honest I have always regarded Millar as a good chap and thought his new leaf well turned over.
But "glass houses" and "kettle, pot, black " should have been his watchword on this occasion.
He most certainly does not have to keep quiet when doping and cheating raises it's flag in cycling but this is neither.
Be the ambassador for clean sport but realise that when no offence has occurred it may be better to use stealth rather than rushed press releases.
I still think he has silly hair ... :)
Be more Mike.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Everything he did was completely within the rules. I sense I'm missing something, but it does seem to be mountainous molehills at the moment...
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

tyreon wrote:Just watched the interview on catchup: oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Not very convincing. One bad performance,right or wrong. Body language,verbal explanation...the lot

I think he got off lightly with Marr. Another interviewer armed with a little more knowledge might have made his body language even more pronounced.
Also I think what we have to remember who SKY is owned by. Cream and Bas___ds rise to the top. A powerful man who I would imagine needs results to keep him happy.

E2E info
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Bonefishblues wrote:Everything he did was completely within the rules. I sense I'm missing something, but it does seem to be mountainous molehills at the moment...

Completely within the rules but did he bend them?
Could he of rubbed some Vick on his chest? Or maybe Vick doesn't give an instant weight loss and better Vo2.

E2E info
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I don't know, but I assume a clinician did?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

OK, not relevant other than possible reasons why we might want to Form an orderly queue to back stab Bradley Wiggins.

Ian
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Wiggins was recently sticking the knife into Lizzie Armitstead, what goes around comes around?

Or people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

I mustn't throw stones,tho I should. Follow this reasoning:

A BigWig comes through your door. S/he requests questionable medication detailing a medical condition. Wotyagonnado? Turn him/her away? The BigWig carries kudos,influence and power and will recommend your services to others if s/he gets what they want: and they already know what they want and can detail the medical condition they have. Are you going to refuse them? Well,if you've got the chutzpah they're gonna walk down the road to the next doc with their wallet. If you don't take their £££,someone,some doc not too far away will. Think Hollywood. Think Michael Jackson. You gonna turn this money away? Really? BigWig can really change your life: open doors to a different world. You gonna challenge Bigwig? I would expect the 'right' doc to cover his butt,but after equivocation and cover,give that VIP what they want. Not getting what you want/request is left for the saps.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Maybe we should just get rid of TUE .
If your too ill to ride/race then deal with it. Really.
TdF or Worlds .. dosnt matter, life deals bad as well as good cards.
Megga teams will have to understand that people get ill.
No more TUE ... !
Be more Mike.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

tyreon wrote:I mustn't throw stones,tho I should. Follow this reasoning:

A BigWig comes through your door. S/he requests questionable medication detailing a medical condition. Wotyagonnado? Turn him/her away? The BigWig carries kudos,influence and power and will recommend your services to others if s/he gets what they want: and they already know what they want and can detail the medical condition they have. Are you going to refuse them? Well,if you've got the chutzpah they're gonna walk down the road to the next doc with their wallet. If you don't take their £££,someone,some doc not too far away will. Think Hollywood. Think Michael Jackson. You gonna turn this money away? Really? BigWig can really change your life: open doors to a different world. You gonna challenge Bigwig? I would expect the 'right' doc to cover his butt,but after equivocation and cover,give that VIP what they want. Not getting what you want/request is left for the saps.

And then the aforementioned uses their status and influence to get the sport's governing body to accept this under their rules, too, presumably.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

David Walsh has stepped up to the plate. The man who became embedded to SKY for a while.
Now says they talked the talk but haven't walked the walk.

E2E info