Brooks Saddles

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Keith Bennett

Brooks Saddles

Post by Keith Bennett »

I have two brooks saddles both identical as far as sixe is concerned 6" wide just over 10 1/2" long both with copper rivets, but different sizes one, the smallest diameter rivets the saddle is clearly marked along the lower edge Brooks Professional, the second, bought on a second hand bike in the early 70s, but this one has saddlebag loops and large rivets, however over the years the markings on the side have been polished out. I assume it to be a B17N, still good shape and very comfortable, but can anybody put a positive identification on it, Thank you
rmurphy195

Re: Brooks Saddles

Post by rmurphy195 »

Photos?

Plus pop into a bike shop with the saddles and compare them- or compare them with the photos on the Brroks web site, that might help Your muddy sections - especially the towpaths I suspect, may not be just muddy but uneven/grassy as well.

Turn the saddles upside down, you might find some letters/numbers stamped on the underside, I'm not sure if these can be used to identify the saddle positively but it might be worth emailing Brooks with them to see if they can help.

Other than that, your assumptions sound correct to me.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Manc33

Re: Brooks Saddles

Post by Manc33 »

Without photos its 10% trolling. :lol:

The Brooks Colt had large rivets and was a thinner "sporty" Brooks. Very comfy. Colts aren't cheap. I remember doing 30 and 40 mile rides on one and not being sore at all. These days I am on one of those fancy cutaway (SMP) ones. :oops: Its like sitting "in" a little hammock. :D
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.