Another legal light topic

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Roadster

Re: Another legal light topic

Post by Roadster »

Metal8 wrote:
seph wrote:I use a smart light on the back of the rack using one of these brackets http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Rear-Pa ... Sw8gVX2W07

Ah, great, that's the one I was looking at. How does it fair with mudguard clearance as I notice it maybe sits lower than many other rack mounted lights?

It does sit lower, although whether it fits will also depend on both the rack and the bike.

I bought one of those Smart bracket kits and found that there was not enough clearance between the bottom of the mounting plate and the top of the mudguard. However, my rack is really for 26" wheels whereas the bike has 700c wheels, which obviously resulted in less clearance than the correct size of rack would have had.

If you want to try it for less money, you can have my new and unused one for £3 posted if you like...
Metal8

Post by Metal8 »

If you want to try it for less money, you can have my new and unused one for £3 posted if you like...

That would be absolutely tip top Roadster.
Can I P.M. you?
Metal8

Post by Metal8 »

cotswolds wrote:
Metal8 wrote:
A pic of the new brilliant Marin Four Corners with no handlebar space :D

Marin front on small.jpg

Bit surprised how close those top brake levers are to the stem. I have a similar setup, but there's a 2 inch gap between the top levers and the stem. Still leaves plenty of room for hands on the tops, and for me, the top levers are in a more convenient position - I don't need to move my hands to them when riding on the tops but they're not in the way.

I used to fit 2 lights (basic blinky + decent cateye) and a gps into that space. (I've since switched to a fork crown mounted dynamo light - I think that's a better place for lights).

Yes, I was surprised too. Handlebars aren't particularly narrow, made for touring.
It's where the bike shop put them as I got them to do it so bike was ready to go.
I'll try to move them.
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Metal8 wrote:

Can I P.M. you?

You certainly can, Metal8 - it's been cluttering up my table for months now and I'm sick of the sight of it!
It needs to go to a better home.
Metal8

Post by Metal8 »

Roadster wrote:
Metal8 wrote:

Can I P.M. you?

You certainly can, Metal8 - it's been cluttering up my table for months now and I'm sick of the sight of it!
It needs to go to a better home.

P.M. sent :D
wahoofish

Post by wahoofish »

See.sense ikon - bought one recently. Never seen anything like it. Brilliant

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my iPad using hovercraft full of eels.
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

See sense have a variable mark space ratio out of the box which is illegal in the UK, even when used in addition to an 'approved' lamp: so off thread topic :)

http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90906&hilit=Re%253A+http%253A%252F%252Fseesense%253A+but+did+they%253F&start=15#p839904

think you could reprogram them via USB to be steady or flash at fixed rate (and set brightness). They don't specify brightness in candelas, just the usual meaningless lumens.
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)