Philips Cycle Lights - Spanniga producing new versions soon

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
markjohnobrien

Re: Philips Cycle Lights - Spanniga producing new versions soon

Post by markjohnobrien »

Believe me - I'm looking for a UK or reliable foreign online supplier and I'll update as soon as I find one as there are some very tasty lights in this range.

Used my winter bike with Philips Saferide 60 dynamo light with the Lumiring rear as a steady light and a Seesense on flash this morning - great combination :D
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Velo Vitality are listed on the Spanninga website as their UK dealer. I've emailed them to ask if they will be taking stock of the Elips. Perhaps if other interested parties do the same it might prove mutually beneficial?

https://www.velovitality.co.uk/pages/bike-lights
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Snap- I've done the same and e- mailed them as well. If they get enough e mails, it will be in their self interest to hold stock. Obviously we've both been searching the Spanninga website at the same time.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

Any email responses?
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

SA_SA_SA wrote:Any email responses?

Not yet
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Not yet :(

I did ring but got an answer phone saying they were in the middle of moving to a new shop.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

I also contacted Spanninga and they said the release date had been delayed and it might be late January before they are on sale...
Simon Simpson

Post by Simon Simpson »

I've got a couple of 60 lux Dynamo saferide Sojumped at an 80 NiMH powered saferide on eBay. Could a Busch and Muller Luxos U power / charge the saferide through its USB port?

The Phillips optics are way better than the Luxos so looking forward to Spanniga marketing these.

Could you run the E bike 6-36v version off a li ion battery pack that has multiple 3.7v cells?

Thanks
gaz

Post by gaz »

There may be options to modify the electrics to run the Philips 80 Lux as a dynamo lamp but there isn't a simple plug and play option via the USB port to power the light.

My understanding is that when charging the batteries through the USB the light is disabled.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
gaz

Post by gaz »

Elips rear dymano lamp now listed as in stock at Gambiet.

Just bought a Philips branded original :D .

Edit: Now fitted and given a test spin in the garage, looks like I made a good choice.
Last edited by gaz on 26 Jan 2017, 5:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

^ Thanks gaz for the heads up

Ooh exciting! Been waiting for another of these SUPERB rear dyno lamps/refelectors AND I now need/want a battery version too :D

Hats off to Spanninga for taking over where Philips sadly left off - and cheaper :D
Current pedalable joys

markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

gaz wrote:Elips rear dymano lamp now listed as in stock at Gambiet.

Excellent news :D I read this guys reviews and, while eccentric, very informative.

Cannot wait for the all of the new range to appear as will be buying both battery and dynamo taillights with the battery Saferide 60 copy.

I wonder what the quality is like vis a vis the Philips originals?
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

gaz wrote:Elips rear dymano lamp now listed as in stock at Gambiet.

Good, thanks. Idiosyncratic website!
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

deliquium wrote:

Not yet

Anybody heard from Velo Vitality whether they'll be stocking these? I might drop them a line myself. They only have four Spanninga rear lights on their website, which seems a little disappointing given they're the official importer.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Bmblbzzz wrote:
deliquium wrote:

Not yet

Anybody heard from Velo Vitality whether they'll be stocking these? I might drop them a line myself. They only have four Spanninga rear lights on their website, which seems a little disappointing given they're the official importer.

I've e-mailed them twice, no reply, and got answer phone when I called.