Philips Cycle Lights - Spanniga producing new versions soon

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
markjohnobrien

Philips Cycle Lights - Spanniga producing new versions soon

Post by markjohnobrien »

The rights to the Philips range of cycle lights, including the superb lumiring rear, have been bought by Spanniga in Holland and they should arrive in the shops anytime between now and January 2017: details on website.

Saferide 60 now has li ion battery version with significantly increased runtime.

Great news as I loved the range :D
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
PH

Re: Philips Cycle Lights - Spanniga producing new versions soon

Post by PH »

Good news, the rear dynamo light is the best I've seen, I've got one and would like another.
on6702

Post by on6702 »

That is indeed very good news. I have a safe ride 60 dynamo front light which I've been very impressed with and having trying to source a lumiring rear ever since my last one got accidentally broken.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

For those challenged by Google searches (like me :oops: ), the Spanninga website is here ;)
"42"
gaz

Post by gaz »

Excellent news. I'm in the market for a rear dynamo lamp, could be worth holding on for a little while.

I wouldn't be without my Philips Saferide 80 lux battery headlamp and would welcome a 60 lux dynamo version to replace my Cyo.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

markjohnobrien wrote:The rights to the Philips range of cycle lights, including the superb lumiring rear, have been bought by Spanniga in Holland and they should arrive in the shops anytime between now and January 2017: details on website.

Saferide 60 now has li ion battery version with significantly increased runtime.

PH wrote:Good news, the rear dynamo light is the best I've seen, I've got one and would like another.

Is that the one they're selling as the Elips?
http://www.spanninga.com/products/rearlights/elips/#
PH

Post by PH »

Bmblbzzz wrote:
markjohnobrien wrote:The rights to the Philips range of cycle lights, including the superb lumiring rear, have been bought by Spanniga in Holland and they should arrive in the shops anytime between now and January 2017: details on website.

PH wrote:Good news, the rear dynamo light is the best I've seen, I've got one and would like another.

This one, Lumi Ring.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Saferi ... B005LEXEGC

Large but not intensive light, IMO perfect pairing with a bright flasher and turn the flasher off in a group.
gaz

Post by gaz »

I expect that the Axendo is a remodelled version of the Philips 60 Lux headlamp. There' s a 60 Lux battery version of the Axendo too. The 80 Lux Axendo appears to be for e-bikes but with a 6 to 36v input range there should be scope to use an external battery pack.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

PH wrote:
Bmblbzzz wrote:

This one, Lumi Ring.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Saferi ... B005LEXEGC

Large but not intensive light, IMO perfect pairing with a bright flasher and turn the flasher off in a group.

Yes, I was wondering if the Spanninga Elips was the rebranded Philips Lumiring. It does look like it.
Keefe

Post by Keefe »

I happen to have used Philips LED front and rear Dynamo lights for a few years. They are the best lights I have owned and seen.
They came as part of my Vanmoof. Heh.
Hope you guys can enjoy Philips bicycle lights soon.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
spins

Post by spins »

Off topic (I do apologise), but also worth noticing http://www.herrmans.eu/start-english/pr ... ilyId=2209 . The H-one S was excellent.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Excellent news - I have 2 rear dynamo driven Lumirings and rate them highly as well as being a very pleasing design. I could do with another.
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

A brief google did find the rear light (Elips) listed at a Polish online shop at 75 zloty (£14), the Axendo 60 dynamo at 200 (£37) and the Axendo 60 USB at 240 (£45). Not yet actually available to buy, but an indication of pricing.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Also listed at Gambiet as arriving in November.

60Lux Axendo (dynamo or battery) EUR52 (apx £44), Elips (dynamo or battery) EUR15 (apx £13) all + EUR14.65 P&P (apx £13).
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Interesting.

Would be grateful if someone would update this thread when they become available from a mainstream UK supplier.
Sweep