Victim blaming?

reohn2

Re: Victim blaming?

Post by reohn2 »

gaz wrote:
reohn2 wrote:PWA Your Bullock incident seems to indicate a need for better lighting,perhaps an extra 'main beam' front light? :wink:

That, or a campaign for genetically engineered luminous Bullocks :wink: .

Was that bullocks?
Otherwise........ :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

I came around the corner of a nearby road a while back, at night. To my extreme surprise there were several (unaccompanied) horses standing around )not wearing hi-viz :shock: ), browsing from the 'hedges': I stopped short of them (got them into a nearby field that had a gate open then went slightly further away to the nearest house to look for someone who would know the owner). Parts of that same road I drive at 50+ but I do so by positive confirmation the road is clear and there are no entrances/sideroads where surprises can spring from. Driving correctly is understanding where it is necessary to slow (the driver behind me last night on the A484 couldn't understand why I slowed whenever I passed a house with an entrance on the road, nor apparently why I drove at less than 40 through the 30 limits...).
mjr

Post by mjr »

Mike Sales wrote:
Barks wrote:Perhaps all buildings next to roads should be hi viz and reflective?

Notjust buildings. Drivers manage tohit all sorts of things. Bus shelters, trees, hedges, lampposts, other cars. Paint them all hiviz.

You're giving them ideas: "Cyclists Furious as Council Paints Everything Else Luminous Green"
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.