Public toilet closures during the winter

sarahinaberdeen

Re: Public toilet closures during the winter

Post by sarahinaberdeen »

You'll have to look out for those locations which have gone over to water free composting toilets. Mind you, they won't be composting very well in the cold...

The normal water based ones in Braemar are usually kept open - they have trace heating. They also often have a bristly icicle collection on the outside, and if you're first in the queue for the Glenshee road you'll have to dig your way in.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

The ones in North Herts are open all year round AFAIK but there was a large amount of money spent by the council on a 'consultation' (around £100K I beleive) a few years back. They to find out if they were needed, overall running cost/future costs yada yada :evil: . Pretty sick really when you think that should have been information they had for the most part and public conviniences are always required even in relatively small towns/villages.
swagman

Post by swagman »

Im sure they shall start charging for the convenience then they will have you by the short n' curlies!
PH

Post by PH »

My complaint is when they close the toilets they should also take the signs away, at least for those at the bottom of a hill!
There was a item on the radio a while back about a council paying some shops to open their toilets to the public, I think somewhere in the Cotswolds, sounded like a good idea to me.
Phil_Lee

Post by Phil_Lee »

It's yet another thing that drives people to the large supermarkets.

Now, if all the other businesses in an area paid money into a central fund, so that things like public toilets could be funded in the vicinity of those businesses, I'm sure it could work rather well. The same fund could even be used to contribute to things like street lighting, road sweeping, refuse collection, policing, and even a service to ensure that all the businesses were legal and above board, and not breaking any rules to get an unfair advantage.

We could call it "business rates".

Errr, hang on. . .