Baggy shorts for commuting and leisure riding

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tangled Metal

Baggy shorts for commuting and leisure riding

Post by Tangled Metal »

Looking for a replacement for a much favoured pair of hiking shorts that were truly great for cycling but have died. I have repaired it so many times that I am not sure what is the fabric and what is the thread joining it at a certain wear point.

So I like something with a DWR (durable water resistant) coating that sheds water an dries quickly. I like sommething stretch and or baggy so it is comfortable walking in as well as cycling in. Higher back to fit cycling. Looks ok off the bike, I tend to wear technical shorts day to day as well. My last shorts were the go to shorts when the sun came out for any time from hiking, cycling to walking round the shops in hot weather. Seriously it has to be a dark sober colour and not look weird with seams all over the place and weird pockets.

I was thinking Endura Hummvee or Altura ascent. They look ok but the Hummvee has a funny pocket on the leg with a flap I think from one photo I have seen. The altura looks like the black has prominent stitching on the front of the leg.

So what would you guys recommend? I need to order as it is hot for trousers and we are likely to get more warm weather in the summer so I need shorts quickly. Any ideas or recommendations?
Penmere

Re: Baggy shorts for commuting and leisure riding

Post by Penmere »

I have some of these http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/runnin ... x?cl=Black Excellent for the money
Si

Post by Si »

I've had humvees for years. very good. but the newest pair I have - the lower pocket design has changed a bit and it's harder to get a modern phone in. Plus the inner shorts appear tighter.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

what about sizing for these?

not very helpful how they do it on the web page?