Fed up!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
rmurphy195

Fed up!

Post by rmurphy195 »

I'm fed up of harassment - only by a few nincompoops, this is
Harassment when I'm out walking along towpaths, by faster cyclists buzzing walkers
Harassment when out walking on my local pavements, by people who want to park on them
Harassment when I had to use a walking stick for a while due to an injury, by people in all sorts of vehicles - powered and unpowered - who couldn't wait for me to get over crossings (I even resorted to putting bright, reflective tape on the walking stick to say "Hey, I'm here!)
Harassment when I'm out cycling, by faster cyclists who cut too close, and motorbikes and cars
Harassment when I'm out in my convertible, by boy racers and other - persons - who treat a sports car as an invitation to drive like an idiot
Harassment when (I used to) tow a caravan, by pretty well everybody who seems to think I shouldn't be on the road!

I'm coming to the conclusion that a certain class of people take great pleasure in just shoving everyone else out of the way. Maybe I should start shoving back ?
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Paulatic

Re: Fed up!

Post by Paulatic »

Maybe you should just chill a little?
I was going to suggest going for a bike ride then all will be well, but that ain't going to work if you feel harassed.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
meic

Post by meic »

I wonder where you live?

My last two rides with the Pembrokeshire CTC have had me wondering if Putin has launched a secret chemical weapons attack on the country.
All the drivers we met were not only considerate and patient, they also looked happy and friendly!

There is certainly something afoot and I am feeling very suspicious.

Stopped my car on a traffic roundabout yesterday to let a pedestrian cross my exit road, just because he was there waiting. :D
Yma o Hyd
karlt

Post by karlt »

Dw i'n caru afordir Sir Benfro... I'd be happy if I were driving and riding around there rather than through the loosely connected industrial and residential estates that make up much of NE Derbyshire and Sheffield. Actually, that's unfair; it's only a constant stream of suburbia and urbia (which should be a word even if it isn't) if I go by the most direct route; there's moors to the West and pleasantly undulating country to the East where I can find routes where there's little in the way of conflict with other idiots.

Perhaps the OP needs to find different routes that are less harrassed?
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Chill pills? :-)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
gaz

Post by gaz »

rmurphy195 wrote:I'm coming to the conclusion that a certain class of people take great pleasure in just shoving everyone else out of the way. ...

Perhaps.
rmurphy195 wrote:... Maybe I should start shoving back ?

I'm sure it wouldn't give you any pleasure so probably not something to start.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade