Cyclist killed in three-rider collision in Lancashire

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
jgurney

Cyclist killed in three-rider collision in Lancashire

Post by jgurney »

From BBC news online:

"A cyclist has died after colliding with another rider on a country road.
The man, 50, suffered major head injuries after falling from his bike at about 22:00 BST on Thursday.
A woman cycling in front of him came off her bike on Hill Lane in Colne‎, Lancashire, causing him to collide with another male cyclist, police said.
He was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital and later transferred to Royal Preston Hospital where he died the next day.
The other male rider, 40, was uninjured while the 19-year-old woman suffered bruising to her leg.
Sgt David Hurst, of Lancashire Police, appealed for witnesses to come forward and said his "thoughts are with his family" after these "tragic circumstances"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-36293065
Paulatic

Re: Cyclist killed in three-rider collision in Lancashire

Post by Paulatic »

Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

Curiously, on Friday someone said to me "how long until a cyclist on cyclist collison causes a death". He was thinking of the situation in London, with the rapid growth in cycling and increasingly dense corralling them into superhighways and other routes. Clearly this incident is a random incident that could have happened any time.
Bez

Post by Bez »

iviehoff wrote:Curiously, on Friday someone said to me "how long until a cyclist on cyclist collison causes a death". He was thinking of the situation in London, with the rapid growth in cycling and increasingly dense corralling them into superhighways and other routes. Clearly this incident is a random incident that could have happened any time.

There were three fatal cyclist-on-cyclist collisions last year (although one was during a race). ISTR one of this year's earlier fatalities was also reported as being possibly due to contact between two riders.
Graham

Post by Graham »

A full copy of this topic can be found in the Plastic Hat section.