cold feet!

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
CREPELLO

Re: cold feet!

Post by CREPELLO »

Without opting for the most expensive option (well ok , I did buy some Shimano M181N shoes which are great 4 season shoes - no mesh upper which is wholly unnecessary and water-resistant to boot! :D ) I've wanted to experiment with foil as an insulator. Opportunity for this is rapidly passing now the weather's warming a little. I've glued two sheets of tin foil together with 3M photo mount, but it really needs to be bonded between plastic to make it durable. Anyone any ideas on how to improve this, like a laminating machine err, which I don't have. I'm sure this would work effectively, at least on cutting down heat loss through the bottom of the shoe.

Does anybody know of any proprietary form of coated foil used for other applications that's easy to get hold of.
cloggy

Post by cloggy »

The best warmest deal is to convert a pair of walking boots to SPD
Then use decent socks, plastic bags; and gaiters if it's wet, so the water doesn't run down the inside of your socks.
That's what I use and I've done Polaris two day events with them etc etc. I've been given sealskins but find they are too narrow and my feet get damp inside them, possibly due to sweat. They aren't up to a complete day , ok for half a day though.
jenoop

Post by jenoop »

Spd winter boots one size too big
Walking socks
neoprene overshoes 2 sizes too big. There is no condition this won't cope with in the UK!