Specialized Align II MIPS Bicycle Road Helmet.

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Cyclo2022

Specialized Align II MIPS Bicycle Road Helmet.

Post by Cyclo2022 »

My delivery of this helmet is due on Monday, is there anyone who uses one of these helmets and what is your opinion on them?
pjclinch

Re: Specialized Align II MIPS Bicycle Road Helmet.

Post by pjclinch »

Cyclo2022 wrote: 5 Feb 2022, 2:04pm My delivery of this helmet is due on Monday, is there anyone who uses one of these helmets and what is your opinion on them?
As long as it fits you comfortably and is suited to what you need there's not really much to say. Spesh rate to Snell as well EN1078, which is a Good Thing, and MIPS is probably a Good Thing should it come down to head-butting the road.
But if it's not comfortable (and only you can tell that) and/or you can't get a decent fit then it's not the one for you.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Cyclo2022

Post by Cyclo2022 »

pjclinch wrote: 7 Feb 2022, 8:14am
Cyclo2022 wrote: 5 Feb 2022, 2:04pm My delivery of this helmet is due on Monday, is there anyone who uses one of these helmets and what is your opinion on them?
As long as it fits you comfortably and is suited to what you need there's not really much to say. Spesh rate to Snell as well EN1078, which is a Good Thing, and MIPS is probably a Good Thing should it come down to head-butting the road.
But if it's not comfortable (and only you can tell that) and/or you can't get a decent fit then it's not the one for you.

Pete.
Thanks for that :wink: , it's a pretty good price for MIPS coming in at £38.99.
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

Thats a great price for a Mips helmet, I paid 65 for mine
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

Got a Scott enduro style MIPS one for £40 (RRP over £100). The slightly 'out there' colour combination that isn't selling is usually a good bet for reductions.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop