Etiquette when quoting

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
mjr

Re: Etiquette when quoting

Post by mjr »

Vorpal wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 1:37pm
Carlton green wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 1:04pm
Surely an act really need to be a wilful, informed and targeted act for it to be discriminatory, obviously a group of people can be unintentionally disadvantaged but that’s just life.

IMO, most discrimination is neither willful nor informed, but merely neglectful, and sometimes just ignorant.
It becomes wilful after someone is informed and refuses to reconsider by saying something like "that's just life". It really isn't if people #beKind.

thirdcrank wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 2:32pm I didn't intend to start a discussion about types of discrimination. My point is that if there's a problem with bold text, it goes a lot further than quoting etiquette.
Does it? Most uses of bold on this site, such as for usernames in certain places, don't matter. Other things which seeing people may interpret as bold, such as headings or priority button labels, are marked up as headings or buttons so that screen readers and other assistance tools recognise them as such and it doesn't matter that they're styled as bold weight.

The site templates have some imperfections, but inappropriate use of bold, italic and colour for emphasis in posts and especially quotes is far more difficult to overcome. I think it's slightly worse than people pasting their signature block in every message which is very difficult for screen readers to skip and gets quite tedious hearing it for the dozenth time.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

mjr wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 3:09pm
Does it? .....
I don't know, which is why I asked.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Schwalbe Marathons are the best tyres, they roll well and you never get punctures.
Hey that's just not true, now if only I knew who said it. :lol:

I never remove the original name off the quote (except just now as a joke).
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Margaret Thatcher wrote:Schwalbe Marathons are the best tyres, they roll well and you never get punctures.
:lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall