Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
a.twiddler

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by a.twiddler »

A delta trike can stand on its rear end when parked. It used to be one of Hase trikes' advertising features. Mine is a Sinner, but it can do the same thing, so I suspect most recumbent deltas can. It takes up less floor space than a bike in the garage.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

And whilst I don't at the moment... I have stored the windcheetah on it's back wheel as well... The seat stuck out a fair way though.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Sorry if this has been posted before but there is no competition when it comes to the most beautiful recumbent ever made.

zockra.jpg
Please can someone give it to me :wink:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Stradageek wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 10:02am Sorry if this has been posted before but there is no competition when it comes to the most beautiful recumbent ever made.

zockra.jpg

Aye that's a nice thing -- I'll have one too please.
I am here. Where are you?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Stradageek wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 10:02am Sorry if this has been posted before but there is no competition when it comes to the most beautiful recumbent ever made.

zockra.jpg

Lovely - not that much of a fan of superman bars personally, but I might tolerate them there.
I imagine there is is some fierce torque steer to deal with on all the python style designs.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
a.twiddler

Post by a.twiddler »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 3:59pm And whilst I don't at the moment... I have stored the windcheetah on it's back wheel as well... The seat stuck out a fair way though.
That's one issue with recumbents. Also, if a near-horizontal surface appears in my garage, it risks items accumulating on it, at least until I decide to go out on it!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

It's only the bottom of the seat which classifies as an "accumulation zone"...
I'm trying to be more disciplined in my garage.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

zockra.jpg

I'll call your "no competition" and raise you a Varna Diablo, with none of that ugly front wheel drive business on show
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Could also submit the velotilt...

https://gearjunkie.com/biking/velotilt
a.twiddler

Post by a.twiddler »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 9:46am Could also submit the velotilt...

https://gearjunkie.com/biking/velotilt
Last heard of in 2015?

While human powered tilting trikes come to the surface of our consciousness from time to time they are actually a thing in the powered 2/3 wheeler world, a production item rather than prototypes or privately funded one offs. We could hope for some spill over of that technology, but it would take a daring producer to take the risk alongside their normal run of trikes to start something off. With the recumbent industry being such a low volume and precarious entity, it wouldn't take much for a manufacturer to over extend themselves and go under in these straightened times. It looks like it's down to men in sheds to come up with the next innovation, though we can't all be Mike Burrows, unfortunately.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Oh I agree - I'm intrigued by the concept still, partlly because I wonder how much balance it would need..
Milfred Cubicle

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

Thanks for the replies folks.

A velomobile...I'd love one, but cannot justify the price to myself.
I'm looking more towards the 'stick bike' design as my aesthetic ideal...and yet they seem to be falling out of favour.
I suppose the answer is I should find myself some design software and a brave framebuilder. If the result looks like a dog's breakfast, I can only blame myself!
Grldtnr

Post by Grldtnr »

There are plans readily avalible for self build recumbents,, a "Stick" self build is relatively easy, as a donor frame you could look to many 20" wheeled shopper bikes, attach a boom to the head, and modify the handlebars, fashion a seat out of ply, or any such, and Roberta's your transgender uncle/ Aunt !
Many folders lend themselves to this treatment, and wouldn't be mourned.once you've done that ,then you could get serious.
A laid back, low down, layabout recumbent triker!
a.twiddler

Post by a.twiddler »

And now for something a bit more mundane...
A HPV Spirit with cockpit style bars rather than the narrow jobbies it came with. The same pic is on the "Recumbent for Climbing" thread.
Since I already had the memory stick plugged in, I thought I ought to put it on here too.
P1020851.JPG
Just as a change from all the exotica.
rikwilliams

Post by rikwilliams »

A new Pelso Racer for heading into the City.

Here's a parts list and photo gallery for anyone considering a similar high-racer / 'super commuter' build.