Why have I never thought of this route before???

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
puffin

Why have I never thought of this route before???

Post by puffin »

Someone has to do this...
Attachments
FB_IMG_1702230946250.jpg
in4time

Re: Why have I never thought of this route before???

Post by in4time »

Having reached the northern extremity of your tour I can attest to the feeling of familiarity one experiences upon arrival, particularly when the seasonal inclemencies greet one with such alacrity.
puffin

Post by puffin »

in4time wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 7:02am Having reached the northern extremity of your tour I can attest to the feeling of familiarity one experiences upon arrival, particularly when the seasonal inclemencies greet one with such alacrity.
Huh?
rjb

Post by rjb »

in4time wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 7:02am Having reached the northern extremity of your tour I can attest to the feeling of familiarity one experiences upon arrival, particularly when the seasonal inclemencies greet one with such alacrity.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could have started further down the sw peninsula and taken in Brown Willy and Crapstone.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
jgurney

Post by jgurney »

rjb wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 4:25pm You could have started further down the sw peninsula and taken in Brown Willy and Crapstone.
And passed through Sussex to visit Balls Cross .....
jgurney

Post by jgurney »

jgurney wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 4:58pm
rjb wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 4:25pm You could have started further down the sw peninsula and taken in Brown Willy and Crapstone.
And passed through Sussex to visit Balls Cross .....
And then perhaps pass Sigmund Freud's old home in Hampstead on route. He might have been interested in our motivations for this bit of route planning .....
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

If you had started in the south West, you could have enjoyed Aveline's hole in the Mendip Hills.... apparently its big enough for a party of cave explorers to enter.

If anyone has the what3words app, I do wonder if you could also plot a tour using the most.. er... humorist words.. sort of Like, turn left when you reach 'hairy thigh stretch' and head towards 'rumpled nylon bottom'....
scoot

Post by scoot »

Hi
If you wish to camp there is always Sandy Bally on the New Forest :D
Two wheels good, 4 wheels bad
Fasgadh

Post by Fasgadh »

What a rude place name route that misses Worcestershire! That's where the action is with Lickey End, Bell End, the Piddles and some saucy street names.