Cycling after Prostatectomy or brachytherapy

Tinkerbell

Re: Cycling after Prostatectomy or brachytherapyese

Post by Tinkerbell »

Hopefully my reply is not too late - I had my prostectomy in March and my big concern was continence, but regular pelvic floor exercises have put me 99% right. I use the Squeezy app to help and it has done so.

I also had a reply privately to my previous post which recommended modibody leakproof pants (link below) and I used these for a while (both on and off the bike) quite successfully. I rarely use them now, but still keep them just in case.

I hope things improve for you too.

https://www.modibodi.co.uk/products/men ... s=e&_v=1.0
Mitch60 wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 9:05pm My Prostatectomy was on 20/11/23. I'm now into week 4 of post catheter, pelvic floor exercise urinary, incontinence phase and its good to read how others have coped with this. Has anyone gone down the sheath/external catheter route for cycling? I intend to explore this option in 8 weeks time when I can cycle again. Any tips would be helpful. Lycra will be replaced by cycling trousers but this system has allowed me to get out and walk the hills without any problems so fingers are crossed for success on the bike. Obviously I'm hoping for a return to pre op continence but its hard to see such an outcome right now.
Mitch60

Re: Cycling after Prostatectomy or brachytherapy

Post by Mitch60 »

Thanks Tinkerbell, will check out the app and pants. Just 1 week to go before I'm allowed to hit the trails!
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

On a side note if prostate cancer is a killer and we can live happily without it why is it not simp[ly removed for all before 18
AUTISTIC and proud
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

Pinhead wrote: 2 Feb 2024, 9:33am On a side note if prostate cancer is a killer and we can live happily without it why is it not simp[ly removed for all before 18
It has an important role in the male reproductive system, so probably best not to.
Also (as above in this thread) removal is non-trivial.