The Cycle Clinic or DCR wheels ?

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
skylined

The Cycle Clinic or DCR wheels ?

Post by skylined »

Those two appear to be reputable wheel builders with plenty of online recommendations so can't go wrong with either, and I'm looking to choose between this one from the Cycle Clinic and this one from DCR wheels , the one from the Cycle clinic is £400 due a promo code and DCR wheels one is £60 more expensive. Which one is better and is there ano5her better option at this price point?

It's for a 29er, QR, centrelock, 2x10 gears, for gravel, tree roots and the occasional bigger stone use, maybe some off road downhill every now and again. Bicycle also ridden on tarmack, paved surfaces quite a lot.
mattsccm

Re: The Cycle Clinic or DCR wheels ?

Post by mattsccm »

Much of a muchness. Both companies have decent reputations, specs roughly similar. The Borgs were built with Kinlin rims a few years back and they could reproduce a much pricier Hunt wheel exactly at a lower price.
I would just pin down exact detail as suits your needs as the companies show little to chose between them. Does one offer something that you prefer?
skylined

Post by skylined »

Cycle clinic is £60 cheaper so if both options are equal I'll be going with them
skylined

Post by skylined »

mattsccm wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 1:08pm Much of a muchness. Both companies have decent reputations, specs roughly similar. The Borgs were built with Kinlin rims a few years back and they could reproduce a much pricier Hunt wheel exactly at a lower price.
I would just pin down exact detail as suits your needs as the companies show little to chose between them. Does one offer something that you prefer?
Cycle clinic is £60 cheaper so if both options are equal I'll be going with them
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

It will be those exact details that you need to consider before you save 60 quid.