Post Brachytherapy Cycling

Richard33

Post Brachytherapy Cycling

Post by Richard33 »

I have seen a thread on here with brachytherapy in the title but it seams to be a broader discussion about cancer treatments. What I would like to ask is has anyone here got first hand experience of getting back on the bike after brachytherapy treatment for prostate cancer and how did it go? I had the procedure yesterday.
slowster

Re: Post Brachytherapy Cycling

Post by slowster »

Richard33 wrote: 16 Feb 2024, 5:52pm I have seen a thread on here with brachytherapy in the title but it seams to be a broader discussion about cancer treatments.
I presume you are referring to this thread - viewtopic.php?t=143335. Some posters discussed starting cycling again in this older thread - viewtopic.php?t=54153.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

Hannah Fry, a professor of maths, is used to investigating the world around her through numbers. When she's diagnosed with cervical cancer at the age of 36, she starts to interrogate the way we diagnose and treat cancer by digging into the statistics to ask whether we are making the right choices in how we treat this disease. Are we sometimes too quick to screen and treat cancer? Do doctors always speak to us honestly about the subject? It may seem like a dangerous question to ask, but are we at risk of overmedicalising cancer?

In an award-winning documentary, Hannah records her own cancer journey in raw and emotional personal footage, where the realities of life after a cancer diagnosis are laid bare
Bril documentary on cancer generally BBC iPlayer : well worth watching
hodge

Post by hodge »

Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

hodge wrote: 5 Mar 2024, 4:02pm Hannah Fry link -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0017wzq
Thanks

Discussed here:
viewtopic.php?p=1701681#p1701681