CUK Membership Card

Lookrider

Re: CUK Membership Card

Post by Lookrider »

Can anyone please advise how to download
CYCLING UK main membership app
I cannot find this in a search
It's not on main web page

The reason being I bought in a shop and used the card for proof of membership for the discount

This card was not accepted as proof anymore and was told to download app

A few shops have went down this route
Thanks all
basingstoke123

Post by basingstoke123 »

mjr wrote: 8 Mar 2024, 8:38am
basingstoke123 wrote: 8 Mar 2024, 12:09am Did anyone else renew their membership at the end of Feb? I didn't notice at the time, but my card has:

Expiry date: 29/02/2025.

Does this mean that this year's membership never expires?
It means somebody has ignored the golden rule of date calculations, which is to use a well -tested date library/module and don't bodge the calculation yourself!
Fortunately for any critical real time processing, like card payments, we have New Zealand to act as a beta test country, so that problems can be found and fixed before before 29 February reaches us. This year self service fuel pumps didn't accept card payments due to a date error - or rather, bad software. Actually, it's not bad software, but poor processes or quality control. (I wonder if the software had been outsourced to a less experienced team in a lower cost country).
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Yep, 29/02/2025 on mine too. :lol: :roll: Fortunately, as it's just a printed card to be read by Mk 1 eyeball only, it doesn't really matter.

As for it being plastic, yes paper would be better, though also not without issues.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Lookrider wrote: 8 Mar 2024, 9:33am Can anyone please advise how to download
CYCLING UK main membership app
I cannot find this in a search
It's not on main web page

The reason being I bought in a shop and used the card for proof of membership for the discount

This card was not accepted as proof anymore and was told to download app

A few shops have went down this route
Thanks all
I don't think there is an app. You have to log in on the web page and follow the instructions.

This is from the website:

"How to claim your discounts
Present your voucher and membership card in store to receive your discount. You need to be logged in to this website to view the promotional vouchers.

You can either show this page on your phone or print out the vouchers above. The vouchers are valid until 31 March 2024.

To claim your 8% discount on selected cycles and cycling-related products or 10% off bike servicing at Halfords please download the relevant discount voucher at the top of this page. For bike servicing, then book in your free bike health assessment to organise your service in store. Please present your voucher in-store to redeem your discount and be sure to do the free online bike health assessment before turning up for a service in store."
Lookrider

Post by Lookrider »

Thanks very much for explaining that
The benefit vouchers and codes are in the log in pages ..under benefits...there is a lot of decent discounts