Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
yarbles

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by yarbles »

I am Andy 61

I am possibly the oldest cycle delivery driver for Uber and Deliveroo In London :D
Braceby

Post by Braceby »

Cyclist on and off since I was about 6 or earlier if riding a Triang tricycle counts. Used to ride time trials but now touring(cycle camping) and moseying around back lanes.My home made ebike is getting more use as age goes up and ejection fraction falls but the battery helps keep my legs turning.
80s_kid

Post by 80s_kid »

Here to support cycling. Am a fairly regular ebike ~20mile round trip commuter and occasional weekend group cyclist.

My bike is a Decathlon 540e (ebike)

Have found an ebike to be transformative in terms of making hills painless, shortening my commute time and ensuring I continue to enjoy cycling (and continue to receive its many health benefits)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

80s_kid wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 10:30pm
Have found an ebike to be transformative in terms of making hills painless, shortening my commute time and ensuring I continue to enjoy cycling (and continue to receive its many health benefits)
+1
And
Welcome
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Braceby wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 9:43pm Cyclist on and off since I was about 6 or earlier if riding a Triang tricycle counts. Used to ride time trials but now touring(cycle camping) and moseying around back lanes.My home made ebike is getting more use as age goes up and ejection fraction falls but the battery helps keep my legs turning.
Had to Google "ejection fraction" there.

Welcome
I am here. Where are you?
JB87

Post by JB87 »

Morning all!

I have recently started road cycling in order to take part in a charity ride in June - I am currently signed up to the 50km but may push up to the 100km depending on how well my training goes.

I've found the cycling community, thus far, to be very welcoming & have already joined a local group who have been amazing for me as a new cyclist.

I've only picked up a cheap Triban from Decathlon to get myself started but I'm already eyeing up bikes for potential next rides!

JB