How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

After almost a complete day of no rain -- we're back to bitter cold rain.
I am here. Where are you?
rjb

Post by rjb »

Sunshine and isolated showers. Currently 12°C . Off on the Tandem for a short ride followed by coffee and cake at the community Coffee Shop.
The floods have receeded allowing the gated roads to reopen too. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Down in Southampton today and the weather here is lovely -- we'd class this as a decent summers day back home in NI where the rain and wind was so heavy the high speed wipers on the car weren't fast enough to clear the rain off the windscreen -- and it was Baltic -- good job we started out early.

14°c here -- I think it was about 5 or 6 at home this morning roads like rivers.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Two weather warnings for wind -- one over where I live and one over where I am now. Sorry to the inhabitants of the Isle of Wight.
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

I see in the paper there is some snow in Devon, presumably only on the higher land? For the first time this year it feels really warm here in the centre of Britain, the early Spring has been grey, cold and damp to the east of the Pennines.
pwa

Post by pwa »

I took the whippet to play on a nearby field today. The sky had darkened, it was breezy and I watched the inky clouds to work out whether a shower was heading my way. And then I saw a pair of red kites drifting effortlessly in a search for food, obviously very much at one with the elements. It all seemed very poetic.
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Surprisingly dramatic. We’ve just had a fair old thunderstorm, with associated torrential downpour, and the wind has been gusting very strong this afternoon. First thing it was brilliant sunshine and a clear blue sky.

(Fifty miles north of London)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

At last some nice weather on the IOW -- an evening shot of the Wight Link ship arriving. About 20°c here -- at home 1°c and lashing down. :lol:
Screenshot_20240329-183301_Gallery.jpg
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

This deserves a mountain bike or hybrid -- pity I'm here with guests -- logging it all for future expeditions.
Screenshot_20240329-183645_Gallery.jpg
pwa

Post by pwa »

A neighbour made me laugh yesterday, pointing out that the clocks going forward means we get one hour less rainfall. :lol:
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Dry, sunshine, cool - ideal cycling weather - for 1 day!
pwa

Post by pwa »

The wetness of the land over the last six months has had a bad effect on agriculture, and it looks certain that food production will take a hit this year. But one local farmer has a crop of oil seed rape in flower, though it looks to have come up a bit patchy.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Bloody wet here. Forecast dry tomorrow but wind gusting 60 kph so no bike, next dry day Friday. <i>[please insert rude word of choice]</i>
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Left sunny Southampton this morning to land in Baltic Belfast -- and up here it's about 3°c with rain.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Sounds like you went through a time-warp and landed in July.
Have we got time for another cuppa?