What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Audax67 »

Cugel wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 1:53pm For terribly awful politically incorrect and scatalogical Scottish humour I will recommend the "Still Game" series available to all via BBC iPlayer. Modern folk of a sensitive or soft southern jessie ilk may be shocked, horrified and traumatised, so best to watch The Vic of Dib instead (which is also very funny but ..... nice).
Aye, for 'nice' please apply to H. Imlach Esq. He even features NHS guidelines, to wit cod-liver oil and orange juice...
Have we got time for another cuppa?
toontra

Post by toontra »

Nothing. Just had surgery and laughing is incredibly painful :shock: Had to tell everyone I speak to not to say anything humorous :lol:
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

You're in no danger here then.
toontra

Post by toontra »

Audax67 wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 4:09pm You're in no danger here then.
Stop it! :lol:
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Sorry!

No, really.
peetee

Post by peetee »

So what you are saying is you don’t want to be in stitches because you are in stitches.
Now that’s what I call an oxymoron.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

peetee wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 7:32pm So what you are saying is you don’t want to be in stitches because you are in stitches.
Now that’s what I call an oxymoron.
Ha! But it's no joke :-) being made to larf hard when one has a wound or break of significance. "Oh me sides" comes to have a different meaning from the usual.

I once fractured a rib and also bent the rib cage a bit. After 24 hours, it became excruciating as the various chest muscles attempted to both protect yet also pull right the crack and the bends. I found it impossible to both lie down and to get up again, which is a difficult condition to be in, oh yes.

I rang the NHS help line thingy for advice but got a medic with a perverse sense of humour, who told me there was no help for such a condition other than time .... but somehow involved me in a long conversation in which he told often hilarious broken rib jokes.

Cruel. that.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
peetee

Post by peetee »

Not to worry, Cugel. I speak from experience as I too have been the victim of a cracked rib - and a sadistic older brother intent on putting me in great discomfort without lifting a finger.
You could say that while I was gasping for oxy he was being a moron. 8)
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

When I was in hospital with 7 broken ribs my workmates rang me. I mentioned constipation due to a mix of morphine, intravenous paracetomal, tea and toast, the conversation migrated to the possibility of a forceps delivery. I had almost broke the remaining ribs before I hung up the phone. Painful !
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Getting life in prison for making this
Screenshot_20231222-195437_Chrome.jpg
Looks like something made on Blue Peter with two toilet roll holders and some sticky back plastic.

I belong to the model aircraft fraternity but this takes model building disasters to a whole new level. :lol:

He does look a bit disappointed with the result
Screenshot_20231222-200143_Chrome.jpg
Maybe send that kit back to Airfix.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Cowsham wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 11:11pm When I was in hospital with 7 broken ribs my workmates rang me. I mentioned constipation due to a mix of morphine, intravenous paracetomal, tea and toast, the conversation migrated to the possibility of a forceps delivery. I had almost broke the remaining ribs before I hung up the phone. Painful !
I did not move my bowels for a couple of months while in a hospital bed. The uncontrolled relief happened whilst I was asleep and dreaming! The nurses were unsympathetic, then and in general.
My dream involved the emergence of a multistage rocket. Eventually I realised from where it was emerging. Then I woke up.
Last edited by Mike Sales on 22 Dec 2023, 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mike Sales wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 8:08pm
Cowsham wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 11:11pm When I was in hospital with 7 broken ribs my workmates rang me. I mentioned constipation due to a mix of morphine, intravenous paracetomal, tea and toast, the conversation migrated to the possibility of a forceps delivery. I had almost broke the remaining ribs before I hung up the phone. Painful !
I did not move my bowels for a couple of months while in a hospital bed. The uncontrolled relief happened whilst I was asleep and dreaming! The nurses were unsympathetic, then and in general.
My dream involved the emergence of a multistage rocket. Eventually I realised from where it was emerging.
I'd call that 'A Space Odyssey' event you were having!

:shock: I'd have passed away without having passed anything for a couple of months. How could anyone survive without no. 2's for two months? You mustn't have ate anything ?
Last edited by Cowsham on 22 Dec 2023, 8:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Cowsham wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 8:54pm
My dream involved the emergence of a multistage rocket. Eventually I realised from where it was emerging.
:shock: I'd have passed away without having passed anything for a couple of months. How could anyone survive without no. 2's for two months? You mustn't have ate anything ?
Not a lot. There is a scale for faeces consistency. Mine must have been at one extreme.

In hospital I listened to enough complaints from other patients to develop an aversion to boring people with my own.
Last edited by Mike Sales on 22 Dec 2023, 8:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mike Sales wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 8:56pm
Cowsham wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 8:54pm

Not a lot. There is a scale for faeces consistency. Mine must have been at one extreme.
A Space Odyssey
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Parsley.jpg
You'll never know if you don't try it.