Wiggle and Evri

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Rob D

Re: Wiggle and Evri

Post by Rob D »

I've only just spotted this thread. Hermes/Evri have been so awful I seriously consider not buying from any retailer that uses them. Sometimes ok, but other times dreadful, and they make it so hard to complain.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Rob D wrote: 6 Nov 2023, 11:50am I've only just spotted this thread. Hermes/Evri have been so awful I seriously consider not buying from any retailer that uses them. Sometimes ok, but other times dreadful, and they make it so hard to complain.
I already don't. If an online retailer does not say what carrier they use I'll either call the retailer or just buy from elsewhere (depends on how busy, availability of item, etc.).

Ian
PH

Post by PH »

Evri service does vary, the final delivery is, as JohnR says, very much dependent on who's doing it and depending on where you live that might be an independent contractor. They have cut costs to the bone, that's our fault, look at all the threads asking who's cheapest. It's pretty incredible that I can send a box cross country in 48hr for less than a fiver (Though I've never actually sent, or received, anything that needed to be there so quickly, we have mistaken speed for service) and that's at personal rates, business rates are considerable less (I recently bought a book from ebay that I couldn't have sent for the total price). Having worked in logistics, not for Evri but in a facility handling thousands of their parcels a day, I'd be surprised if they had any more failures than anyone else. They've invested heavily in the technology to enable their service. What they haven't done, because it's expensive, is employ enough people to deal well with the occasional time it does go wrong.
I live in an urban area, I can't remember when I last had anything that didn't fit through the letterbox delivered to my door, where possible I'll have it delivered somewhere I can collect from. For Evri that's the lockers at a service station five minutes walk away, or for RM/Parcelforce the PO five minutes further up the road. That might be marginally less environmentally damaging, it has less opportunity to go wrong, the tracking is always accurate and it's just more convenient for me.