When will Eurostar recommence carrying bikes?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jdsk

Bikes on Eurostar

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks for all the advice and experiences.

I've found the information upthread about dimensions.

What are the options for luggage? Can it be left with the bikes when they are handed over? Would two panniers incur a charge beyond that for the bike?

Jonathan
bohrsatom

Re: When will Eurostar recommence carrying bikes?

Post by bohrsatom »

IME they won't transport the bags, only the bike, so you'll have to carry your panniers yourself.

The official luggage policy is 2 pieces of luggage plus one hand luggage, so two panniers and a bar bag would be fine
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thankyou

Jonathan
Galactic

Post by Galactic »

bohrsatom wrote: 6 Mar 2024, 8:00pm The official luggage policy is 2 pieces of luggage plus one hand luggage, so two panniers and a bar bag would be fine
I've been through many times with two rear and two front panniers plus bar bag plus tent (so 6 pieces of luggage, or 5 plus one hand luggage) and it's never been a problem, even when I was stopped for a security check and all the bags scrutinised. I tell myself that all those six bags add up to the same as one of those supersize coffins on wheels that people lug around. A quick look around the departure lounge tells you that they're not at all strict on enforcing the rules, I guess their take is 'if you can carry it you can take it'.