Covid autumn booster

rjb

Re: Covid autumn booster

Post by rjb »

Looks like the booking system is now performing better. Just booked our boosters for tomorrow at the terminus of our bus ride into town. Yesterday it was at least a 25 mile round trip by car. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

If you qualify I’d get it- typing from bed with a positive test- there’s a lot around at the moment. I don’t qualify and did a lot of cross training on Friday and Saturday which probably means I’ve gone down a bit harder than I otherwise might have done.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I hope that you're feeling better soon.

Jonathan
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

MrsHJ wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 7:38pm If you qualify I’d get it- typing from bed with a positive test- there’s a lot around at the moment. I don’t qualify and did a lot of cross training on Friday and Saturday which probably means I’ve gone down a bit harder than I otherwise might have done.
Speedy recovery.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

We seem to have a very efficient GP, texted a couple of weeks ago, was away at the time so waited until home, walked in to GP, got booked for both myself and son so we could go together.... he needs a lot of support. Vaccinations a couple of days later. They take over the function room of the working mens club next door....
Word of warning though, I've been having flu jabs for years, long before they started really pushing them for health service employees, often my arm has been a little uncomfortable after but on this occasion it was bloomin sore as the evening progressed, sleeping or rather trying to sleep on it was not fun, and the next morning lifting my arm was quite uncomfortable.... it did go off fairly quickly a few hours later.... but around 3 days later woke up feeling headachy and a bit bleurgh..... again went off as the day progressed... but my partner found similar.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
rjb

Post by rjb »

Yes I had a similar experience. Injection hurt and a very sore arm for a few days. After 3 days felt very rough and my hand swelled up noticeably. Now going back to normal but flu jab in 2 days :o. In the other arm. :?
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

As usual I had no I'll effects from covid or flu jabs at same appointment last week. Could just about feel that I had had a needle in my arms for a few hours - the flu one lasted a few hours longer than the covid.
Good needle work!
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

I've been a bit off colour since my covid + flu jabs on the 23rd.
That's my usual reaction to the flu jab.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

eileithyia wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 10:12pm
MrsHJ wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 7:38pm If you qualify I’d get it- typing from bed with a positive test- there’s a lot around at the moment. I don’t qualify and did a lot of cross training on Friday and Saturday which probably means I’ve gone down a bit harder than I otherwise might have done.
Speedy recovery.
Thanks all. Pretty much recovered but unfortunately have given it to the rest of the fam who are now very miserable. I’m on nursing duties!
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

djnotts wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 10:53pm As usual I had no I'll effects from covid or flu jabs at same appointment last week. Could just about feel that I had had a needle in my arms for a few hours - the flu one lasted a few hours longer than the covid.
Good needle work!
Agree, whether the jab hurts is very much down to the person jabbing.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Had no luck booking mine yet.

No invite from NHS but the online booking system say fine and gives me places. Trouble is they are all retail pharmacies and I don't trust getting injections from them (still can't use my right arm properly after last year's flu vaccination in a pharmacy despite NHS physio treatment ... They are not the same pharmacies as caused the right arm problem but I've lost my trust in pharmacies and injections (this year's flu was at GP and no side effects atall).

I'll keep trying as on one occasion the travel clinic I use for private travel vaccinations appeared in the list but I had somethging esle on and they've not reappeared yet (and I trust them as I've had several injections from them without issues).

Ian
rjb

Post by rjb »

Walk in centres are available for your booster. There was a convenient one in the medical centre in a close village to us :wink:
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/covid-1 ... tion-site/
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Blondie wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 8:09pm
djnotts wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 10:53pm As usual I had no I'll effects from covid or flu jabs at same appointment last week. Could just about feel that I had had a needle in my arms for a few hours - the flu one lasted a few hours longer than the covid.
Good needle work!
I think it’s important you’ve relaxed your muscle which if you haven’t relaxed might well be down to the person jagging. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
rjb

Post by rjb »

Paulatic wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 8:18am
Blondie wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 8:09pm
Good needle work!
I think it’s important you’ve relaxed your muscle which if you haven’t relaxed
might well be down to the person jagging. :D
It's all very well being told to relax but the immenent thought of a needle in your arm makes me tense up, which dosent help at all. How does one relax in these circumstances. I know I don't. I need all the help I can get before my flu jab at midday today. :(
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

rjb wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 7:22am Walk in centres are available for your booster. There was a convenient one in the medical centre in a close village to us :wink:
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/covid-1 ... tion-site/
Norfolk doesn't have walk-in centres - it's the policy of Norfolk & Waveney. I did get to talk to them ages ago and they could provide no evidence for the "policy", just "belief". I'd have to go all the way to Bury St Edmunds (long way but outside Norfolk & Waveney) where they have several or Ipswich (where they have several and again outside Norfolk & Waveney area).

Ian