Fully Suspended 26” ICE e-Adventure for sale £3,750 - SOLD

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
DGG1941

Fully Suspended 26” ICE e-Adventure for sale £3,750 - SOLD

Post by DGG1941 »

Pinion 18 gearbox with Neodrive hub motor & full suspension.

One elderly* engineer-owner since new in 2015. In excellent mechanical condition with appropriate servicing. 9,000 miles, mostly touring in UK and Europe - see link for first tour from Spain.
https://davidggalloway.wordpress.com/bi ... to-the-uk/

The amazing Pinion 18 gearbox, with new boom, was added 5,500 miles ago. Together with the 11-50 cassette and a cadence of 60rpm, speeds can vary between 2mph and 30 mph. The link below lists the pros and cons of the Pinion, although I disagree about the comment about having to ease of power when changing - true when changing down but going up through the gears (except 6 to 7 and 12 to 13) is seamless.

https://www.cyclingabout.com/tour-with- ... n-gearbox/

The rear wheel Neodrive motor has been very reliable and has a 625Wh lockable battery. The controller is removable for security and there are wires that can power lighting. (I fitted flashing front & rear lights plus a USB charging socket using these wires, but it does need a switch as the motor won’t start if the lights are on - very irritating design decision!).
The Marathon Plus front tyres were fitted 2,000 miles ago.

Comes with rear carrier, 2 mirrors, ICE side bag bar, mudguards, headrest, spare 26” tube & tyre, silicon cover (home made, not pretty!) for battery for use in cold weather, oil for annual Pinion oil change. See pictures for additional comments.

Transport: the trike can either be folded (a quick process) and put in the rear of a medium sized car, or tied to the top of a car, minus seat, if there are suitable roof rails.

*At a mere 81 years, I do not in any think of myself as “elderly” since I am now awaiting a new ICE Adventure and have every intention of it taking through the next 9 years. I added this qualifier simply to make the point that the trike has had a relatively quiet life!
Attachments
IMG_2867.jpeg
IMG_2864.jpeg
IMG_2863.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg
IMG_2860.jpeg
When I see an adult on a bicycle I do not despair for the human race, H G Wells.