Why I need to die before I reach 80

Cowsham

Re: Why I need to die before I reach 80

Post by Cowsham »

briansnail wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 12:01pm
I'll go to your funeral if you go to mine.
I would point out the average cost of a funeral will hit the £5 k mark in the 10-40 years.When we on this forum on avearge will pop our clogs.
I am going to opt for the CHEAPEST and greenest solution.
I am going to be ecologically and be COMPOSTED.Waste money on a funeral.Bah! I could come back as a tree.
I ride Brompton,Hetchins 531
Who's doing that for you ?
I am here. Where are you?
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

imposition, when I will have lost all interest in this world.
Heh Mate. In old age follow:

Rod Stewart,Mick Jagger,Donald Trump,Rupert Murdoch
or (sex equality rules!)
Madonna,Cameron Diaz,Ivana Trump.

They have found partners half their age.Motivated by a altruistic desire to serve.Those partners selflessly devote their lives and gently push their older partners wheel chairs gently.Ever so faithfully in their twilight years.There you see.Abundant kindness is not restricted purely to CTC forum members.
ps (You may have to win the lottery.Otherwise for guys like us the pushing may be down a very steep hill.

briansnail

Post by briansnail »

Jonathan you excel in deep research? any idea's? Help.In the next 50 years some of us might have to avail.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

briansnail wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 4:25pm
Jonathan you excel in deep research? any idea's? Help.In the next 50 years some of us might have to avail.
There's a lot of options:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposal_of_human_corpses

And here's a Guardian article with an attempt at identifying an environmentally-friendly approach:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -cremation

Jonathan

PS: I don't have particularly strong views about my own residue. We've done a lot of work in the village on creating a common shared non-supernatural area. We buried my parents' ashes in a quiet spot in the Lake District.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

We buried my parents' ashes in a quiet spot in the Lake District.
Cool . Also thanks for links
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Cheap as possible - I don't want any fuss - problem is, who will eventually decide? - It's what he would have wanted etc.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

ANTONISH wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 11:27am Cheap as possible - I don't want any fuss - problem is, who will eventually decide? - It's what he would have wanted etc.
It's a very good idea to make sure that the relevant people know what you want. And even better to let them join in the planning with you.

Jonathan
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

It's a very good idea to make sure that the relevant people know what you want. And even better to let them join in the planning with you.
Just wave the will in front of any potential dissidents.They get exactly nothing if they do not comply 100% with our wishes.
Ideally we will make it to 100.Then die gracefully on our bikes.Explore with your solicitor registering the will and solicitor with a major will service that offers a ON LINE LOCATION search facility.This is important you remember the famous case Jacobs v Edison 1924 where all was left to the dog and parrot.The parrot easily won when no will could be found.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Jdsk wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 4:32pm
briansnail wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 4:25pm
There's a lot of options:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposal_of_human_corpses

And here's a Guardian article with an attempt at identifying an environmentally-friendly approach:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -cremation

Jonathan

PS: I don't have particularly strong views about my own residue. We've done a lot of work in the village on creating a common shared non-supernatural area. We buried my parents' ashes in a quiet spot in the Lake District.
Thanks Jon but a burial at sea will do me -- but the boys will have to fork out for a biodegradable net and some weights to keep my remains from washing up on the beach -- knowing my luck I'll be face down in the sand with only my bum sticking out. Somebody might think it's a new bike park.
I am here. Where are you?
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Jdsk wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 11:30am
ANTONISH wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 11:27am Cheap as possible - I don't want any fuss - problem is, who will eventually decide? - It's what he would have wanted etc.

Jonathan
I don't especially want anything except I don't like the idea of them throwing away money on my dead body - basically "you go to the pub and I'll go to the crematorium - you can collect me later"
I've tried discussing my death with my elder son but he doesn't like to talk about it.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

there was something I heard years ago (don't know if true, but it was certainly whacky) they froze the body to some stupidly low temperature (-284 ?) then it was broken into a billion pieces with ultra sound (or was it a very big hammer) then the whole lot scattered onto the garden. The bits of body would be so small they would be absorbed back into the environment with weeks. I like that idea.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Probably not -284°, at least in Celsius.

; - )

Jonathan
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Jdsk wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 10:30am Probably not -284°, at least in Celsius.

; - )

Jonathan
I thought absolute was -284, but internet tells me −273.15 C (so now I want to know why -284 is in my head, what am I getting it confused with)

but in anycase it wouldn't be anywhere near absolute, but obviously super cooled to allow the frozen dead body to shatter)
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Mike Sales wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 12:16pm I would love to be carried to my final resting place on a bicycle trailer, followed by the funeral party on two wheels, but I hesitate at such an imposition, when I will have lost all interest in this world.
I believe John Taylor’s funeral was done like that. He was the one who years ago organised the KIrkpatrick Macmillan rides at Drumlanrig Castle - we took part with our two children in the mid 1990s.

For an eco-friendly funeral you could try Archbishop Tutu’s method.
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

briansnail wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 12:01pm
I'll go to your funeral if you go to mine.
I would point out the average cost of a funeral will hit the £5 k mark in the 10-40 years.When we on this forum on avearge will pop our clogs.
I am going to opt for the CHEAPEST and greenest solution.
I am going to be ecologically and be COMPOSTED.Waste money on a funeral.Bah! I could come back as a tree.
At least you,ll be recycled :roll: