Search found 8 matches

by filiasphil
16 Oct 2019, 10:00pm
Forum: Health and fitness
Topic: Concussion and head injury
Replies: 43
Views: 3194

Re: Concussion (?)

Sounds like you have Post Concussion Syndrome. With regard to your dizziness, take a look at the Dizziness Handicap Inventory and answer the questions. If you answer "yes" or "sometimes" to several of the questions, you will have suffered from some form of balance dysfunction. I ...
by filiasphil
7 Sep 2011, 9:30pm
Forum: Does anyone know … ?
Topic: Help! Need a lawyer - fork failure
Replies: 22
Views: 2523

Re: Help! Need a lawyer - fork failure

Agree with previous posts that an indepedent engineer's report will be needed on the cause of the failure. The claim would be under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 against the "producer" of the product (as defined) and / or the importer and / or possibly the "person" who supplie...
by filiasphil
6 Sep 2011, 9:24pm
Forum: On the road
Topic: Collision advice request
Replies: 12
Views: 802

Re: Collision advice request

You seemed to have done all the correct things, so well done there.

Your solicitor should obtain an appropriate medico-legal report on your behalf. They should discuss with you their suggested expert and the timing of when this should be obtained.
by filiasphil
6 Sep 2011, 9:13pm
Forum: On the road
Topic: Ponderings... cycle roadworthiness and accidents....
Replies: 14
Views: 1089

Re: Ponderings... cycle roadworthiness and accidents....

Poor working brakes could be used as an argument for contributory negligence if it can be shown that, had the brakes been in good working order and used correctly, the accident could have been avoided. The other side's insurers would be entitled to examine the cycle if they wished to. If they have c...
by filiasphil
20 Jul 2011, 4:13pm
Forum: On the road
Topic: Broken leg
Replies: 50
Views: 3904

Re: Broken leg

Not sure how the legal side of things work any ideas ?[/quote] If you haven't done so already, you should look to instruct a personal injury solicitor, preferably with sub speciality of cycling accidents. For any personal injury claim, in order to be entitled to compensation, you need to establish t...
by filiasphil
20 Jul 2011, 3:48pm
Forum: On the road
Topic: Bike accident Advice
Replies: 14
Views: 1891

Re: Bike accident Advice

From the facts that you provide, you have a strong claim. There is no need for the police or CPS to take action for your (civil) personal injury claim to suceed, although a conviction is always helpful. Before any decision is taken on liability, the police report (and any photographs) needs to be ob...
by filiasphil
20 Apr 2011, 8:19am
Forum: Does anyone know … ?
Topic: Instructing a lawyer
Replies: 1
Views: 202514

Re: Instructing a lawyer

The above post and links are generally helpful. As a Solicitor who has specialized in personal injury claims for over 20 years, including many cycling claims, I can add some comment: " Cycling Defence Fund Personal Injury Procedures " It is of course impossible to sum up personal injury la...
by filiasphil
19 Apr 2011, 8:26pm
Forum: On the road
Topic: Hit and run
Replies: 16
Views: 1484

Re: Hit and run

Any claim you might have for personal injury or financial losses, for example, repairs to your cycle, is not dependant on the police tracing the driver who hit you. You could make a claim to the Motor Insurers' Bureau.