Sustrans map unavailable

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
elderlygentleman

Re: Sustrans map unavailable

Post by elderlygentleman »

Thanks Dave. I'd be interested in meeting sometime.
peetee

Post by peetee »

I can thoroughly recommend DaveBecks rides having been on a few myself. He’s a very knowledgable and savvy chap who always keeps riders abilities and confidence and the safety of the group at the front of his mind.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
DaveBeck

Post by DaveBeck »

elderlygentleman wrote: 4 May 2021, 4:36pm Thanks Dave. I'd be interested in meeting sometime.
OK, we'll have to arrange a time soon.

Dave
DaveBeck

Post by DaveBeck »

peetee wrote: 4 May 2021, 5:32pm I can thoroughly recommend DaveBecks rides having been on a few myself. He’s a very knowledgable and savvy chap who always keeps riders abilities and confidence and the safety of the group at the front of his mind.
Thanks Pete, that's very nice of you to say.

Dave
RodT

Post by RodT »

Truro Cycling Club is very inclusive, very welcoming and offers (Covid permitting) Sunday morning rides for all ages and abilities. It would be worth checking their website. (Disclosure: I used to be vice-chair.)
You’re also not too far from the Bissoe trail, with its bike cafe, and the Devoran-Portreath coast-to-coast route. And if you fancy going off-road, there are lots of old mining trails round Mount Hawke.
Good luck and happy trails !
elderlygentleman

Post by elderlygentleman »

RodT wrote: 5 May 2021, 7:15am Truro Cycling Club is very inclusive, very welcoming and offers (Covid permitting) Sunday morning rides for all ages and abilities. It would be worth checking their website. (Disclosure: I used to be vice-chair.)
You’re also not too far from the Bissoe trail, with its bike cafe, and the Devoran-Portreath coast-to-coast route. And if you fancy going off-road, there are lots of old mining trails round Mount Hawke.
Good luck and happy trails !
Many thanks. i have already found and explored that trail a little. I've been looking for a comprehensive map of the mining trails, although they are pretty obvious using a brochure from www. cornwallmining.org.uk and O.S. maps. I look forward to exploring more.
I'll check out Truro Cycling Club too.