Boardman 2019 bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
bjlabuk

Boardman 2019 bike

Post by bjlabuk »

Bike 1.jpg
Does anyone know the nearest car paint colour to the 'gun-metal' grey on my Boardman bike? I have got a number of stone chips to the paintwork and want to touch them up. I was hoping to go into an auto shop and pick up a small touch-up paint and brush set. Thanks.
borisface

Re: Boardman 2019 bike

Post by borisface »

Might be worth giving Boardman a call,they might be able to help you.
bjlabuk

Post by bjlabuk »

I did look on their website and it says "If you have an aftersales enquiry and purchased your Boardman from a Halfords or Cycle Republic store please contact Halfords customer services".

So I emailed Halfords and got a reply "Sadly we are unable to obtain this information. In instances when customers have enquired regarding paint colour for a bike, we recommend finding a company or store that mix and match the paint to get the closest colour".

I am maybe presuming too much in thinking that Halfords would have contacted Boardman and asked the question! But yes, I will maybe phone Boardman myself and see if they can help. Thanks.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

He's in the telly 7pm tonight just ask him!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers James
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

If you want the exact colour you'll have to get 'Chips Away to do it for you. Other than that get a tin of black and a tin of white Humbrol enamel paint and try mixing them until you're happy and then apply it with a cocktail stick.
They're only small tins, I used them years ago when I was a very very very young boy for painting Airfix models!
bjlabuk

Post by bjlabuk »

Thanks everyone. I phoned Boardman (the company - not Chris!) . Apparently the bikes are sprayed in such a way that the end colour or finish doesn't have a 'paint code', as such, that I could take into an auto shop and have mixed for me. So my best hope is trial and error with any gun metal grey satin finish paint. I already have a Humbrol paint pot for touching up my car badge, so I will maybe trying mixing my own as suggested. Cheers.!
Jules59

Post by Jules59 »

I use Jawel to get colour matched paint - they can even put it in a rattle can.

https://www.jawel.co.uk/
bjlabuk

Post by bjlabuk »

Thanks,

I ended up buying a gun metal grey alloy wheel touch up paint. Colour is not a perfect match but close enough for me, and it will stop rust starting.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Good job.

Looks quite like Audi Greg that's popular ATM

Cheers James