ALDI's biggest ever bike stuff sale

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Eyebrox

ALDI's biggest ever bike stuff sale

Post by Eyebrox »

From Thursday, Sept 25. Eight pages of gear. Especially like the 100% merino top and leggings.
http://road.cc/content/news/163325-aldi ... ccessories
Manc33

Re: ALDI's biggest ever bike stuff sale

Post by Manc33 »

It would be alright if it wasn't wall to wall clothing and not much else.

I don't own and aren't going to be buying one single item of cycling related clothing, like ever.

Now maybe if they sold a rear derailleur hanger alignment tool a bit cheaper than the Park one...
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Manc33 wrote:Now maybe if they sold a rear derailleur hanger alignment tool a bit cheaper than the Park one...
They did have these one year, but there was such high demand, they sold out within about 5 hours.
TrekMad

Post by TrekMad »

Merino wool at these prices is a reason to shop at Aldi!
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Getting stuff before all the old ladies with white hair is never easy. When I did a paper round in my school days, I used to walk past a Kwik-Save that opened at 8AM and even on freezing cold winter mornings I used to see old ladies queuing up outside it at about 7.15AM waiting for it to open. :shock: The average 20 year old wouldn't even do that lol, some old women are the toughest people, from a different era, a real era when men were men and women were women.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Eyebrox wrote:From Thursday, Sept 25. Eight pages of gear. Especially like the 100% merino top and leggings.
http://road.cc/content/news/163325-aldi ... ccessories

Which link is it that you are looking at 8 pages of gear?

When I go to Aldi site, they don't show the 'special buys' beyond 20th Sept

Thanks in advance
GranvilleThomas

Post by GranvilleThomas »

I've had my Aldi cycling shoes for so long I have literally forgotten when I purchased them - 8 yrs perhaps at a guess maybe longer. Likewise a black windproof cycling jacket, bought at the same time possibly?

Problem is, sometimes the clothing is good and sometimes its poor, same for Lidl and its very hard to tell until you get it home and try it out.

I always stock up on the glasses and the computers, they have always been very good.
Eyebrox

Post by Eyebrox »

Sooper8: Can't find it online. I picked up a copy in the shop today. There are actually 10 pages of cycle gear. Tried to post pics but couldn't!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There's a turbo trainer in amongst it, but that smacks of excercise...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
edocaster

Post by edocaster »

I've had a softshell jacket from Aldi since 2010. So comfortable that I've not looked to 'upgrade'.

I've worn it roughly 600 days solid commuting and it's still going strong.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Eyebrox wrote:Sooper8: Can't find it online. I picked up a copy in the shop today. There are actually 10 pages of cycle gear. Tried to post pics but couldn't!

Ok, thanks. I'll be in there later for a few things, and will grab a copy
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

£50 for a Turbo trainer, some decent Moon style cycle lights for £9.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
GranvilleThomas

Post by GranvilleThomas »

I used to live close to an Aldi store and I discovered by accident that they were placing the 'Specialbuys' out the night before, ready for the following morning. It was great as I had my pick of everything without having to endure the crowd that was waiting in the morning for the store to open.

Obviously I dont know if all Aldi (or Lidl) do this, but if you are not far away from a store it could be worth a visit an hour before they close on Wed, Sept 24 - you never know your luck.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

GranvilleThomas wrote:I used to live close to an Aldi store and I discovered by accident that they were placing the 'Specialbuys' out the night before, ready for the following morning. It was great as I had my pick of everything without having to endure the crowd that was waiting in the morning for the store to open.

Obviously I dont know if all Aldi (or Lidl) do this, but if you are not far away from a store it could be worth a visit an hour before they close on Wed, Sept 24 - you never know your luck.

My cousin's lad works at our local one and he sometimes gives me a wink that they are doing a big sale.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Sooper8 wrote:My cousin's lad works at our local one and he sometimes gives me a wink that they are doing a big sale.

They (almost) always give me the nod when their sales are on - I've signed up to get their "Specials" emails so they let me know what is coming up a few days before (same with Lidl). They're helpful like that. :D

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.