Front Light Mountings

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Duncan Allison

Front Light Mountings

Post by Duncan Allison »

As I use a handlebar bag I will need to mount my light on one of those T Bar extenders?

However, I do not want it on other than at night - are there T Bar's with quick release fittings or are there other places that I could attach my light?

Thanks
Theo

Re:Front Light Mountings

Post by Theo »

Modern cycle lights are great. Provided you want to mount them on your handlebars or seatpin.

You could try rigging a bracket from the bolt hole in the front fork crown so that the lights are visible under the barbag. I use one of those dual beam Smart lights that everyone sells quite cheaply. I found that they can clip on to a carefully filed front reflector bracket. The only trouble is the bracket breaks about every 200 miles. I don't mind too much as for some reason I seem to have hundreds of these brackets.

I've not seen a quick release T-bar but they screw on so I expect you could remove them quite quickly.
pied.

Post by pied. »

i use a bar bag and made a bracket to bolt to the brakeblot hole on the forks. it's a piece tube welded onto one of the front reflector brackets, that no one seems to use, and holds two led lights.it works well with v brakes or canti's but i don't know about caliper brakes.
Deryck

Post by Deryck »

Have you considered a bag bag with a T-bar mount underneath. I use an Altura bar bag and this comes with a detachable T-bar under the bag. To remove all you need to do is twist.

I must admit that I haven't used it as yet as I have a crown mount.
seanp

Post by seanp »

I use RAM Mounts, and they work well. www.rammount.com

I initially bought one to mount my GPS onto my bike, but I thought it would be a good solution for mounting light to the bike also, and are very easy to remove when you leave the bike. The downside is that as the mounts are so well made, they're a touch on the heavy side.

A UK supplier of these mounts is www.gpsw.co.uk

Sean.