Ridgeback Panorama Deluxe

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: Ridgeback Panorama Deluxe

Post by reohn2 »

Rich_Clements wrote:Just swapped out the original pads from the TRP's and gone sintered, will let you know how I get on. The originals lasted 1300 miles quite a lot in the wet.

The sintered pads should treble that mileage at least,before even showing signs of wear.

I also put 32c Hypers on the bike and its a completely different bike wow!

I'd be interested to know what rims are they fitted on,and what width and height* the tyres measure?

*height measured from outer most edge of the rim to the apex of the tyre.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

I will measure it when I get chance :D but they are bigger than the original Conti Contacts
Rich
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

2008sean wrote:just found this on offer has anyone any experience of this bike is it a good buy it looks ok for £999.99?

looking to start touring next year and this seems to have everything i need and price seems good?

http://www.swinnertoncycles.co.uk/bikes-c97/touring-c114/ridgeback-panorama-deluxe-touring-bike-p49928

Did you buy one in the end.?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Rich_Clements wrote:I will measure it when I get chance :D but they are bigger than the original Conti Contacts

Any chance of a close up photo, showing how much room is left with the 32 hypers. Did you get them from Germany?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I've been looking at Ridgeback's 'world series' touring bike range,and everyone of their bikes has(IMV)a 1degree unnecessarily steep seatube,much like most other makes(other than Spa's own),made worse by the fact that (as per usual)there's ample room between seatube and rear mudguard to accomodate that 1 degree slacktitude :evil:
Yet again a Brooks moment lost........

But fear not intrepid tourists of the long thigh or Brooks disorder help is at hand:- http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/ergo ... aid:720040
Or a more elegant solution:-
http://hubjub.co.uk/index.php/store/sea ... ost-detail
W H Auden
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Yes , i have a Nitto sp72 'jaguar' seatpost with a good layback, to go on, and have a Spa Nidd (B17 ish) which has 12mm longer rails than the brooks, meaning it goes back further. So Hopeflly all will be ok. Bike arrives Wednesday BTW. Probably swap out the rear cassette for 12/27, h/bars & shifters in favour of Nitto noodles and bar cons, and the tyres for Schwalbe Spicers. All the swap outs, except the cassette, are coming off my dead Bob Jackson, so will have some NEW take off parts to sell on.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

yostumpy wrote:Yes , i have a Nitto sp72 'jaguar' seatpost with a good layback, to go on, and have a Spa Nidd (B17 ish) which has 12mm longer rails than the brooks, meaning it goes back further. So Hopeflly all will be ok. Bike arrives Wednesday BTW. Probably swap out the rear cassette for 12/27, h/bars & shifters in favour of Nitto noodles and bar cons, and the tyres for Schwalbe Spicers. All the swap outs, except the cassette, are coming off my dead Bob Jackson, so will have some NEW take off parts to sell on.

We will expect photos :)
W H Auden
PH

Post by PH »

yostumpy wrote: All the swap outs, except the cassette, are coming off my dead Bob Jackson,

Dead!!! Oh no, what happened?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

PH wrote:
yostumpy wrote: All the swap outs, except the cassette, are coming off my dead Bob Jackson,

Dead!!! Oh no, what happened?

I was hit side on, on a roundabout, the car must have hit the rear triangle, top tube has a bend and a kink line, and BB is 7mm over to chainset side. Cracks to paint in seat tube and down tube. Luckily instinct made me look round, and I lifted my leg up just in time, otherwise I'd have a broken leg. other than gravel rash, and hip bruising I'm ok really, bit stiff. Waiting for S+G to move it on. :roll:
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

yostumpy wrote:
Rich_Clements wrote:I will measure it when I get chance :D but they are bigger than the original Conti Contacts

Any chance of a close up photo, showing how much room is left with the 32 hypers. Did you get them from Germany?
Yes I will do that when I get home tonight. Yes I got the Hypers from Rose Bikes as they were the cheapest I could find.
Rich
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

32c Hypers
Rich
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

thanks.! :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

What width and height do they measure?
W H Auden
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

reohn2 wrote:What width and height do they measure?

When I put some 32mm Hypers on some A319 rims they came up at 34mm wide and 32mm high (above the bead). IIRC that was at about 80psi.
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

Thanks Martin that is a A319 rim in those photo's so that answers John's question I think :)
Rich