veiculo longo

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
ericonabike

veiculo longo

Post by ericonabike »

I'm touring Spain in June and towing a trailer. By way of a conversation piece [and possibly to improve visibility] I'm looking to get a 'veiculo longo' sign for the trailer, as found on LGVs. Tried a local signmaker, but they wanted £40 on thin plastic, whereas the real thing https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=veiculo+longo&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=790&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDv4uguOvLAhXHSBQKHQfmC9gQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=G7NIuuDYo3wRrM%3A [over a metre long so too big] can be bought for £20.

Bit off the wall, but has anyone been down this route?
Motorists' mantra: Cyclists must obey the law and the Highway Code AT ALL TIMES. Unless their doing so would HOLD ME UP.
alicat

Re: veiculo longo

Post by alicat »

'Veiculo longo' is Portuguese.

If you are in Spain, the correct phrase is 'Vehiculo longo'.
Arfur

Post by Arfur »

Get a stick-on number plate (eBay) and the stick-on letters to make your own. A bit of plastic backing and the whole thing should be about a fiver. You could even make it double-sided and have Spanish on one side and e.g. Portuguese on the other!
ericonabike

Post by ericonabike »

True re it being Portuguese, but for some reason that seems to be the EU standard for LGVs. Have sat behind them whilst driving often enough! Will investigate diy route.
Motorists' mantra: Cyclists must obey the law and the Highway Code AT ALL TIMES. Unless their doing so would HOLD ME UP.
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

Print it from your computer on a sheet of A4 and laminate it. Or if you want it bigger go to a print shop and get it done on A3 and laminated.