semi-naked recumbent rider?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Revolution

semi-naked recumbent rider?

Post by Revolution »

Does anyone know who the almost naked (I think he may have been wearing a pair of Speedos) recumbent rider is?
I saw him sporting an impressive Sheldon Brown style beard and an all over deep tan, cycling an intriguing recumbent through the lanes of Somerset today.
Sadly I was cycling in the other direction so only able to offer a cheery wave to the guy.
If he sees this - RESPECT!!!!
[XAP]Bob

Re: semi-naked recumbent rider?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Somerset?

Can Tiger have got that far north? Maybe.

Was it a trike with fairing and ali box on a trailer behind? He was at the end of Cornwall ten days ago, already on week 6? of his latest tour.
Last edited by [XAP]Bob on 13 Jun 2016, 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
rjb

Post by rjb »

:shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

Was it a trike with fairing and all box on a trailer behind?

It certainly had a nose cone type of fairing and could well have been a trike - not a standard recumbent (if there is such a thing)
Can Tiger have got that far north?

Tell me more!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Tiger bitten is a member of these forums, he certainly has a decent beard, and is regularly found on long tours. I spotted his trike, and then found him in a nearby cafe, having breakfast, a couple of weeks ago in the furthest reaches of Cornwall.

He'll likely be heading back towards the Midlands, having set off east, got to Kings Lynn and turned right along the coast...

He is often in shorts - so it kind of fits...

It's an ICE trike, with a streamer fairing, and some fairly impressive gearing. A carry freedom trailer with a box attached complete the outfit.

Oh, and only one arm ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

It wasn't me, but I did this the other day while out on my trike and not in speedos I wouldn't dream riding a bike bare chested as it looks so common, but it was so hot I took my top off and got a nice frontal suntan as well.
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Tiger bitten is a member of these forums, he certainly has a decent beard, and is regularly found on long tours. I spotted his trike, and then found him in a nearby cafe, having breakfast, a couple of weeks ago in the furthest reaches of Cornwall.

He'll likely be heading back towards the Midlands, having set off east, got to Kings Lynn and turned right along the coast...

He is often in shorts - so it kind of fits...

It's an ICE trike, with a streamer fairing, and some fairly impressive gearing. A carry freedom trailer with a box attached complete the outfit.

Oh, and only one arm ;)

Thanks for this very interesting info. Shame I didn't get a chance to have a good look at his machine or a chat with him. Hope he has a good journey :)
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

I once did a tour on my Trice Explorer during some hot sunny weather. I chose to wear long sleeved tops since I burn quite readily. the combination of sweat on the shirt front with the strong sunshine produced this starburst of discolouration in the fabric. Looked like some very bad ti-dye
roberts8

Post by roberts8 »

I was cycling in cornwall and waved to him near Mousehole. Great to know who he is and hats off to him.
Shoyu

Post by Shoyu »

Chap near us cycles with transparently tight shorts and no pants. Can't unsee that!