Experiences with Slater & Gordon -- injury claims

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
blackbike

Re: Experiences with Slater & Gordon -- injury claims

Post by blackbike »

I found them very good.

In 2005 a motorist opened a door on me and I sustained a minor knee injury and very minor damage to my bike. I phoned Slater and Gordon on the number on my CTC membership card and they said they'd get me £1000 and they did exactly that. I followed their instructions to the letter and after about a year I got the money.

In 2012 an angry motorist got out of his car, marched back to me, gave me a lecture and then pushed me off bike and I sustained a trivial knee injury, little more than a scratch. There was a witness, which is why the police were able to caution the motorist for assault. I rang S&G again and they told me that recent legislation designed to inhibit and reduce litigation had made it uneconomic for them to take minor cases and that's why they wouldn't take mine this time. They advised me to make a claim in a small claims court as it would now be impossible for any lawyer to make any money from minor cases due to the new laws.

I'd read newspaper articles about this new legislation so I was fairly confident that S&G were correct, but I did check with other 'no win, no fee' outfits and they told me the same thing.

S&G were very open and honest with me. They told me quickly and clearly what they thought in both cases. On the occasion they did take my case they were easy to deal with and the whole thing went very smoothly.
cardiac

Post by cardiac »

Slater. & Gordon

Excellent they won a case against my local council for poorly maintained road service, causing me to fall from my bike and cracking two ribs.

I would recommend them every time.

John
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

only used them once, not serious injury but still hurt, bike was totalled ( well frame was), ended up with 10x the amount I was expecting. Can't fault them at all, maybe its my charm. :wink: