Eurosport is disappear from Sky ?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
cycleruk

Re: Eurosport is disappear from Sky ?

Post by cycleruk »

mattsccm wrote:One day my Samsung pooped up the message telling me that Eurosport player was no longer supported. Blast.
Android tablet would never show it which left the PC in the cold spare bedroom. :| Haven't seen cheaper player deals lately.

That's what happened to me but still plays on my Samsung (Android) tablet.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

Is it me but in their tweets Eurosport UK eem rather desperate to stay on Sky (for good reason) ...

Also sponsorship of Team Sky by Sky is very much weaker without it, yep a deal will be struck as usual.
mjr

Post by mjr »

TrevA wrote:It is on BT TV, but not on the most basic package, I think it's the next one up.

Thanks. I must have been looking at an outdated page.

BigFoz wrote:Then 6 months or so ago we discovered the eejit who installed the dish hadn't properly shielded things, water had got into the cable, and gravity led it into the TV, which was full of water and quietly dribbling all over the cables. So the TV went as well. We seem to have so much more time now...

As well as rubber shielding covers, there should be a loop down before a cable enters the house so it goes uphill into the wall, else you might find your wall or its cavity getting lots of water too :(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Out Samsung TV still has a working, as far as I can tell without a subscription, Eurosport app so it can be a samsung-wide thing. I notice the TV does sometime spontaneously uninstall apps but usually reinstalls a newer version soon after.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
pan8011619

Post by pan8011619 »

Sky are also going "dishless" relying on their internet to stream content.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38756577
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Well after years of complacency, where the price of receiving sky (with multi-room) has gradually crept up along with separate BT broadband, took the plunge today and ordered BT TV/Broadband combined package and will be saving £100+ a month... at least it has jolted me out of just continuing with the subscriptions. Will still have eurosport and discovery channels but might not have bike..
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

eileithyia wrote:Well after years of complacency, where the price of receiving sky (with multi-room) has gradually crept up along with separate BT broadband, took the plunge today and ordered BT TV/Broadband combined package and will be saving £100+ a month... at least it has jolted me out of just continuing with the subscriptions. Will still have eurosport and discovery channels but might not have bike..

your SKY boxes will to Free To Air,after the contract ends, and you'll be able to get Bike channel on that. If you have SKY+ then disconnect the box the day before your contract ends. For the next 6 months SKY will try to send a signal to your box to deactivate the recording facility. I'm told they tend to give up trying after a time and you then have a fully functional box.
I can't verify this yet, ours has been unconnected for 6 moths but I've not gas the need to plug it back in yet.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

on another sport, that great Aus tennis final no longer available to Sky customers ...
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

eileithyia wrote:Well after years of complacency, where the price of receiving sky (with multi-room) has gradually crept up along with separate BT broadband, took the plunge today and ordered BT TV/Broadband combined package and will be saving £100+ a month... at least it has jolted me out of just continuing with the subscriptions. Will still have eurosport and discovery channels but might not have bike..

Watch your bills....seriously, BT play the 'Smoke and Mirrors' game like you would not believe.

Long story short.....I had BT TV on an eighteen month contract. Over the eighteen months they simply couldn't get my bill right....Charge/Refund/Recharge/Credit....it went on and on.

ON THEIR ADVICE, I dumped it and the whole sorry tale came to an end. They now say that I can re-subscribe and my billing SHOULD be accurate.

Anyway, can I come round to watch the MotoGP on your telly when it starts in March ??....... :mrgreen:
Dafydd17

Post by Dafydd17 »

eileithyia wrote: and will be saving £100+ a month... .

WOT??? A month? If you're saving that much I shudder to think how much money you were throwing (away) Mr. Murdoch's way before...

I've just taken out the Eurosport £19.99 offer, so I can watch on my laptop or the wife's iPad; glad I found out about it before it ends on Tuesday, thanks to this thread. That will be the sum total of my expenditure on any viewing for the year, since I only want it for the cycling.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Dafydd17 wrote:
eileithyia wrote: and will be saving £100+ a month... .

WOT??? A month? If you're saving that much I shudder to think how much money you were throwing (away) Mr. Murdoch's way before...

I've just taken out the Eurosport £19.99 offer, so I can watch on my laptop or the wife's iPad; glad I found out about it before it ends on Tuesday, thanks to this thread. That will be the sum total of my expenditure on any viewing for the year, since I only want it for the cycling.

Me too I use it when my wife wants to watch something on tv but its a little ironic that it will not happen if we lose Discovery.
BigFoz

Post by BigFoz »

Anyway, can I come round to watch the MotoGP on your telly when it starts in March

Aha, when that dropped off Eurosport to go to BT Sport, I bought a Season pass to MotoGP - 99Euros a year (Still cheaper with my Eurosport sub than getting either BT or Sky TV and a new telly). All the sessions, Fri through Sunday, plus highlights and insight articles. Even been getting weekly programmes through the off-season. Spent today with Day 1 of the Sepang test on in the background. Works out to about £8 a month for both Eurosport Player and MotoGP sub.
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

BigFoz wrote:
Anyway, can I come round to watch the MotoGP on your telly when it starts in March

Aha, when that dropped off Eurosport to go to BT Sport, I bought a Season pass to MotoGP - 99Euros a year (Still cheaper with my Eurosport sub than getting either BT or Sky TV and a new telly). All the sessions, Fri through Sunday, plus highlights and insight articles. Even been getting weekly programmes through the off-season. Spent today with Day 1 of the Sepang test on in the background. Works out to about £8 a month for both Eurosport Player and MotoGP sub.

THAT'S IT.......Rub it in you utter utter UTTER ******* !!!!!!!....... :mrgreen:

HOWEVER........Thanks for reminding me of the Sepang test........Casey top, Jorge 17th........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

As probably expected an agreement has been reached. Eurosport remains on Sky.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

no one is shocked but bet Sky backed down as discovery big enough to take the hit.