Buying a used bike in the UK

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
kordis

Buying a used bike in the UK

Post by kordis »

I have just bought a bicycle on Ebay and the seller's proof of purchase is a receipt with his name on it. I want to register the bike in another country and need a proof of purchase with my name on it. What kind of purchase agreement / contract do I need? Is there any template I could use? Thanks!
Paulatic

Re: Buying a used bike in the UK

Post by Paulatic »

A receipt maybe?
e.g.
Vendors name and address
Received sum of £# from your name
for Bike description
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
irc

Post by irc »

A printout from ebay surely? Purchase history? Auction ending page?
kordis

Post by kordis »

There's only his name on the receipt and a printout from ebay still woudn't do :) Found a proper template by googling some more called a bill of sale. Thanks for help.
PT1029

Post by PT1029 »

These days you could do (invent) your own receipt.
A while back I was told of someone who had I think an accident. To get his bike replaced on his/other insurance, he fabricated a very expensive bike (more than the real one) for the claim, with DIY receipts for all the components he had "bought". Apparently it all looked convincing, not that I saw any of the fabtrickery myself.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

PT1029 wrote:These days you could do (invent) your own receipt.
A while back I was told of someone who had I think an accident. To get his bike replaced on his/other insurance, he fabricated a very expensive bike (more than the real one) for the claim, with DIY receipts for all the components he had "bought". Apparently it all looked convincing, not that I saw any of the fabtrickery myself.

I'm all in favour of that bit of fraud (which is exactly what it is) if it simply ensures that he can repair or replace his bike to be exactly like the one he had. Any more than that is a bit cheeky and does none of the other premium payers any good.