Geoffrey Butler wheel

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
leaf00

Geoffrey Butler wheel

Post by leaf00 »

Hi

I am the grand daughter of (Leslie) John Pratt who used to own the Geoffrey Butler cycle shop circa 1970.

I am getting married early June, and to treasure his memory and love for cycling, I am looking for a large bicycle wheel with the old style Geoffey Butler logo, for the table plan.

I have contacted the shop and haven't had any success.

Is anyone able to assist, or point me in the direction of someone who may?

Many thanks

Leanna
Brucey

Re: Geoffrey Butler wheel

Post by Brucey »

I'm not quite sure what you want but here;

https://h-lloyd-cycles.myshopify.com/collections/all?page=22

you can find reproduction period transfers including GB ones. With a little work these could be reproduced large size/as part of other artwork?

hth

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris1960s

Post by Chris1960s »

Hi, Congratulations on getting married. I worked with your grandfather and Burt Sullivan at the 9 Southend on Saturdays and School Holidays between 1964 and 1968. Have you found the items you need? I still have all by bikes etc and might have an original style stick on head stock badge. Also, my road frame has the original gold script badge and might be able to transfer a image of it.

Regards,
Chris
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

I am the grand daughter of (Leslie) John Pratt who used to own the Geoffrey Butler cycle shop circa 1970

Bit off topic but was there any connection to Pratts Cycles at Salfords, just South of Redhill in the 1960s?
Chris1960s

Post by Chris1960s »

Hi,
I worked with John Pratt and Burt Sullivan 1964 to 1968. To my knowledge they never mentioned any relationship with Pratt Cycles, Redhill.