Lidl cycling/other & Camping gear stuff

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mjr

Re: Lidl cycling & Camping gear April 2019 update

Post by mjr »

The utility cyclist wrote:
mjr wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:5lux stated less, trust me not all lights are the same despite their apparent ratings, I'd rather have a better beam pattern that is tried and tested from one of the best and well respected manufacturers than some knock off that isn't

Exactly my point! Sigma are OK but no B+M, while Dansi have been making bicycle and motorcycle lights since the 1930s. Now I'm really not sure why you're recommending Sigma.

Do B&M even make a AA battery light, afterall that was the query posed, which B&M light do you suggest to meet that criteria of having a 2xAA power source?

I did not suggest a B+M light.

B&M do make some very good lights but dismissing another on the back of what, how long a company has been around :lol:

No dismissal. I only pointed out that Dansi are also a "well respected" bicycle light maker of longer standing than Sigma, so it is wrong to dismiss them as "some knock off that isn't". I am disappointed at how badly you are taking this information.

Have you even used the latest Sigma lights?

Not an Aura but I have tested earlier ones. I'm happy to suggest them when they're appropriate and have in other messages here. I just don't think I would pay more for a lower-rated light from them.

And by return, have you even used the Dansi Melbourne that you claim is not as good as the Aura 25?

[...] Oh and can you give us some evidence on how long it will take for the rubber mount to fail, just so I can look out for it, say in 10 years time :lol:

I've only had one rubber mount last more than 2 winters, which was a Cateye (which used a cam rather than a hook or screw) that was then stolen so I don't know how long it would last. I've not tried a Sigma, but I doubt they've managed to stop rubber mounts aging and cracking up, so I'd expect it to fail within 2 years.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.