I'll have one of these - not

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mercalia

I'll have one of these - not

Post by mercalia »

any one else have things they dont want?

"The supercar manufacturers have teamed up with luxury bicycle brand PG to develop a road bike like no other. Over 95% of the bike is constructed from high-quality carbon fiber, which helps keep the weight extremely low at less than 11 lbs / 5kgs"

https://totalwomenscycling.com/news/bugatis-new-road-bike-ultra-light-ultra-pricey
Guy951

Re: I'll have one of these - not

Post by Guy951 »

I think we might describe that as "fugly"
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Interesting approach to a belt drive... chainstay on one side of the hub and seatstay on the other.

No mono bladed fork though, and frankly - not in the same league as their other designs. Oooh - I can have it painted and choose my own bar tape...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

The first word that came into my mind when I saw it, was "ugly".
hamster

Post by hamster »

Another stupid bike as a marketing add-on from a car manufacturer.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Apparently they've said it's not intended for use on the road? What's the point of a bike you can't use on the road, if it's not a track bike? :!: :?:
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Bez

Post by Bez »

Does part of the weight saving come from repeatedly removing a "t" from the name?
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Makes you wonder if it's aimed at customers who'll buy something with little regard for it's technical merits, just because it has the 'name'.
I can't comment on it's quality because I've not even seen it close up, but I suspect there are far better bikes available for a fraction of the price.
Reminds me of when I was working at a car manufacturer a few years ago and a car was bought from a prestige manufacturer to use as a development mule. It came at a huge price, and when some parts were stripped off the welding was atrocious! As an 'amateur' welder I'd have given up if my welding was that bad :(
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

An amateur build the ark, professionals built the titanic..
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Boring_Username

Post by Boring_Username »

It's exactly the kind of bike that I would expect to appeal to an actual or aspiring Bugatti car owner.

No, that's not a compliment.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Is it one of those puzzles where you have to fit the missing pieces? Relaxed geometry though - no wonder it's not a road bike. :mrgreen:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Vorpal wrote:Apparently they've said it's not intended for use on the road? What's the point of a bike you can't use on the road, if it's not a track bike? :!: :?:

Its obviously too dangerous to ride on the road, with all those Bugatti drivers.....
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

531colin wrote:
Vorpal wrote:Apparently they've said it's not intended for use on the road? What's the point of a bike you can't use on the road, if it's not a track bike? :!: :?:

Its obviously too dangerous to ride on the road, with all those Bugatti drivers.....

I like the fact that on the same page they call it the "unrivalled urban bike" and "not intended for use on public roads"

Doublethink in action.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Aye well: this says it all:
Perhaps the most important feature – and quirk – of the new Bugati PG bike is that it’s fully customisable with paint and leather trim to match your Bugati car, of course.

To me it looks as if it's been built out of cardboard and left out in the rain.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Yeuk
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells