Anybody recognise this??

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
aljohn

Re: Anybody recognise this??

Post by aljohn »

I don't recognise the frame, but around 1960 I bought a Carlton Flyer road/path frame and rode fixed for a number of years. After a few years away from cycling I had the track ends taken off and Campag gear ends fitted. The frame was more path than track, drilled for brakes, front and rear, mudguard eyes, so I used it for several years as a normal, geared bike.
Perhaps your frame was a similar build and was intended to be used for a regular club rider, back in the day.
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

Its amazing how many frames there are out there with no decals left on them, so there is no idea who built them
patthebike

Post by patthebike »

mercianman wrote:I think it has been a multi functional frame, hence the set up, I intend to keep all the features when I get it resprayed, and the canti brakes will be a bonus as I will be able to use 700 wheels. Just need to try and find out who built it so I can get it badged up properly. There appears to be 3 things under the down tube, spread at intervals along the tube but I have no idea what these are, does anybody recognise them??? Hopefully the additional pictures will help
frame1.jpg
frame2.jpgframe2.jpgframe3.jpgframe3.jpg

I had a frame built for me in '92 and I had these brazed on for the dynamo wiring to the front light. Didn't want to use ugly cable ties so had these instead. A much neater arrangement.
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

I don't know if this will help with identification, but the frame number is actually stamped around the bottom of the downtube lug rather than just across the BB and the 3 braze ons under the downtube are actually cable guides which look to be more likely for dynamo cables
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG (34.47 KiB) Viewed 363 times
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

I thought the unusual numbering around the downtube lug might have helped, but it appears it hasnt