Hybrid cars big enough to take a bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Lance Dopestrong

Re: Hybrid cars big enough to take a bike

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Pyranha wrote:You could look at the Kia Niro. I was considering one as it is often described as one of the few hybrids wehich can take a tow bar (I put the bikes on the tow bar as the dogs are in the boot) but, unfortunately, the UK models are not sold as towing compatible. I'm not sure I would describe the Outlander as particularly small and the hybrid version doesn't fare well in some reviews.

RAC out again this week for my neighbour's Niro. That's 3 times that I know of. You can't jump it, push it, or do a blessed thing with it if it doesn't start.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
Shearinchoc

Post by Shearinchoc »

Nissan Rogue or a RAV4 Hybrid will do the job. A lot of backspace and you can put the seats down for even more.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Suzuki Baleno 1.2 Dualjet http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/bal ... 016-review £10.5k gets you a 1,000 mile 2016 model with manual gearbox
though the 1.0 petrol turbo supposed averages about 62mpg and is £20 VED
2003 Honda civic IMA with 26k on the clock is £2.5k on auto trader, 1.4VTEC engine with a small leccy motor and a 5 speed manual. 8)

Putting my passat back on the road for the first time in 3 months, for the future really not sure what avenue to go down, I love the estate space, being able to throw a bike in as it is, is great and swallows two with front wheels off and 2 huge suitcases, couple of large rucksacks, 6 panniers, self catering bits and bobs and still room for 10 1/2 cases of plonk :lol:
Aileen Brown

Post by Aileen Brown »

I contemplated the estate but we don't carry 2 bikes often enough to justify it. I've gone for a 2016 Toyota Yaris. 5,500 on the clock, Hybrid so road tax free, 1.5l engine & 8" longer boot space than I have at present. The bikes fit in on top of each other with a rug betwen. I just need to get used to the automatic gearbox.
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.